Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
General Data Protection Regulations (2017) - A General IntroductionCosensa Learning and Development
Intro to General Data Protection Regulations (2017)
This General Data Protection Regulations programme is designed to ensure that delegates leave the event with a working understanding of the new European General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (GDPR) which will fully replace the 1998 UK Data Protection Act in May 2018. The new GDPR places a much greater emphasis on individual compliance and organisational governance; introduces new standards and sanctions; and focuses on addressing the growing trend towards electronic processing and the requirement for transportability of personal data.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone whose role or function brings them into contact with or who processes personal data of any kind. This is essential compliance training and is equally suitable for those in personnel departments as well as supervisors and managers who conduct recruitment interviews or personal development plan (PDP) type interviews. Financial organisations, the education and health sectors, central and local government, charitable and not for profit organisations, children’s and youth activities and faith based organisations.
- Overview of the new GDP Regulations and their impact on participants
- The role of the Information Commissioner and associated powers
- Answering the questions: What is personal data?; What part do I play in the process?; What role does the Data Controller or Data Protection Officer fulfil?
- What are my rights as a data subject?
- What has changed and how do the changes impact upon me?
- What is processing and what is unlawful processing?
- Dealing effectively with subject access and third party requests and complaints
- The processes and procedures that will help manage and mitigate risks
- Highlighting the penalties for breaching the new Regulations
The cost of this training course varies depending on location but prices start at 345 GBP per delegate, which covers tuition, lunch and refreshments during the day. Request information for a more accurate price based on your location
Cosensa Learning and Development Training Courses
Cosensa Learning & Development offers training courses for professionals and organisations throughout the public, private and third sectors. All Cosensa trainers are highly qualified, with extensive experience in training and coaching. Cosensa's wide range of open courses are delivered throughout...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!