Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
A Masterclass in Effective CommunicationsCourtney Associates (Global)
A Masterclass in Effective Communications
A Masterclass in Effective Communications - 1-day Scheduled Course
Ask any employee in any organisation, large or small, about problems they face at work on a daily basis and you will usually find communication lying at the heart of it.
This 1-day Masterclass in Effective Communications therefore explores the importance of communication at work and provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to maximise the impact of your communication on others, both in and outside the workplace. The course is designed to help delegates understand how to maximise their communication skills in a variety of situations.
The 1-day course focuses on providing a set of useful communication tools and techniques that can be used in a number of different number formal and informal occasions, as well as with a range of differing personalities. The programme also focuses on enabling delegates to develop professional business communication skills to ensure they maximise their impact with everyone they encounter in the workplace, adapting their style to increase their influence and improve interpersonal relationships.
Suitability - Who should attend?
A Masterclass in Effective Communications is suitable for any member of staff whose work depends on successful interaction with others and who want to maximise the impact their communication skills have on work-based situations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course will help you to become a more inspirational and effective communicator.
By understanding the importance of clear and focused written and verbal communication skills, delegates will be able to communicate with confidence and impact in a variety of workplace situations, ie. team meetings, interviews, presentations, performance reviews, networking events. They will understand the importance of feedback and the role behaviours and personalities play in relation to effectively communicating with others.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the Field of Communication
- The importance of communication in today’s modern setting
- The key elements and skills of communication
- Telephone communication
- Written communication - email etiquette
- Maximising our communication skills in a variety of situations
- What helps and hinders communication at an individual, team and organisational level
- Questioning and Listening skills
- Self presentation and self promotion
- A Key Communication Skill - The Skill of "Feedback"
- The importance of feedback to people and organisations
- The types of feedback we receive in life
- Structuring feedback
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Communicating Assertively
- What assertive communication is and is not
- How we should plan, structure and conduct assertive communication
- Using assertive communication in a variety of situations
- Communication to Different Personalities
- The type of people and personalities we have to communicate with
- Understanding as to how each type likes to communicate and be communicated with
- Adapting our communication style to others
- Employee Engagement
- Holding successful and inspiring team meetings
- Communicating with your immediate team
- The importance of 1 to 1’s
The cost of this course is £285 + VAT per delegate.
The course cost includes:
- lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- delegate pack containing workbooks, copies of course slides & contact details for post-course tutor support
- Certificate of Attendance
Multiple booking discounts are available - please enquire here for more information.
This course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and money.
The training can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has trained in excess of 30,000 professional people throughout his career and has inspired them to maximise their potential in their particular field. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving individual, team and organisational performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining enduring client relationships.
Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
A Master Class in Effective Communications
"The following statements outline some of the concerns delegates have expressed on my Communication Skills courses over the years:
- "No one seems to listen to what I have to say at team meetings."
- "I sometimes feel undermined by certain team members and feel that I am not taken seriously as their line manager."
- "On occasion I feel that my contributions and suggestions at senior meetings go unheard."
I thrive on the opportunity of working with my delegates to help them overcome their Communication Skills concerns. Drawing on 25+ years of personal and professional global experience of working with a range of audiences, I help delegates to practically maximise the impact of their communication to a variety of people, on a range of differing occasions, giving them the confidence they need to make a real difference to how they are perceived by others within the workplace." - Tom Courtney
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
With over 26 years of experience in training and consultancy, Courtney Associates is a leading provider of leadership, supervision and management development solutions to private and public sector organisations across the UK and beyond. Their long history of delivering tailor-made...