Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Assertiveness at Work Masterclass
Assertiveness at Work Masterclass - 1-day Workshop
- Do you find it hard to say "No"?
- Do you always give in to what others want, regardless of your own feelings?
- Do you find yourself bullied or pressured by aggressive or overbearing people?
- Do you bottle up anger and bite your tongue when you know you should speak up?
Assertiveness is one of the key skills a successful person possesses. It's a tremendously powerful skill that will not only serve you in your work life but also in your personal life too. Assertiveness is about being responsible for yourself, and making your life work for you, instead of being a victim of circumstance. This 1-day Assertiveness at Work Masterclass will empower you to make yourself heard and get the life and relationships you deserve as it is designed precisely to equip you with a range of vital skills to:
- Take charge of your life;
- Demonstrate a firm but fair approach in your dealings with others.
The ultimate goal is to provide delegates with the knowledge and techniques to behave assertively (rather than too timidly or too aggressively), enhancing their confidence and ensuring they fulfil their true potential.
By the end of the programme, participants will have learned to say "no" in an assertive manner and to transmit their opinions effectively across different types of formal and informal environments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Assertiveness at Work Masterclass is suitable for anyone looking to improve the way they are perceived in terms of how they assert themselves, both in the workplace and at home.
It is ideal for those who have difficulty saying "no" to others and those who would like to assert themselves more positively and confidently, but without seeming rude or aggressive.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Defining what is meant by assertiveness and assertive behaviour
- The differences between assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Demonstrating an assertive image in the hearts and minds of others
- Understanding and asserting your rights in the workplace
- Understanding why some people are assertive and some are not
- Understanding and overcoming the fears and barriers to becoming assertive
- Learning how to say 'No!'
- Learning practical tips on how to become more assertive
- The verbal & non verbal skills of assertiveness
- How listening, questioning and feedback skills can improve the impact of assertiveness
- Adapting assertiveness skills to different people and different situations
Courtney Associates can deliver this course to 5 or more members of your team at your workplace, anywhere in the UK as an In-House programme which can save your company both time and money.
It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology at no extra cost. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Please complete the "Enquiry Form" below or contact us on 0800 158 8314 for a competitive quote with no obligation.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
With over 26 years of experience in training and consultancy, Courtney Associates is a leading provider of leadership, supervision and management development solutions to private and public sector organisations across the UK and beyond. Their long history of delivering tailor-made...