Conflict Management (1 Day)
Conflict Management - 1-Day Course
Conflict is a common occurrence in most workplaces and yet many professionals lack even the most basic Conflict Management skills. Learning how to manage disagreements and disputes or avoid them all together, rather than reacting emotionally, is a very important skill for individuals or teams who are put under pressure in a business environment.
The Conflict Management course is a 1-day programme that teaches participants how to recognise the stages and causes of interpersonal conflict. During this course participants will learn the skills to help them critically assess conflict situations and then select the appropriate strategies and tools to handle and/or resolve them. They will also develop greater understanding of their own emotional triggers and how to control them, as well as how to manage other's behaviours in a professional, non-judgemental way.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
Recognise the causes and stages of conflict
Use a powerful technique for mapping conflict to enable and identify solutions
Identify ways to develop flexible responses to both personal and professional conflicts
Learn how to apply techniques, models and strategies to manage communication and behaviours in conflict situations
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for business professionals who want to develop their Conflict Management skills, understand their own behaviors and emotions when addressing conflict, and discover productive ways to manage conflict.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is CPD accredited and carries 2 CPD points. On successful completion of the course, Participants can download a 'Personalised' CPD Certificate of Achievement.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
Developing Awareness of Conflict
- Recognise the difference between disagreement and conflict
- Understand how and why conflict escalates
- Exploring barriers to conflict management and resolution
Ways of Responding to Conflict
- Identifying your own feelings and actions in response to conflict
- Use Active Listening to demonstrate understanding
- The importance of Validation
- Distinguishing between listening for thoughts and listening for feelings
- Mapping a conflict using a 5-step approach
- Exploring a given conflict from various "viewing points"
- Separating interests from positions in a specific conflict
- Selecting a conflict strategy appropriate to addressing a specific goal
- Implementing a chosen conflict strategy
- Changing our perspective on the conflict
- How to address an intra-group conflict case study
- Planning for future development to effectively respond to conflict.
Why Trust in Crucial in Minimising Conflict
- The 4 Cs of building trust.
- How trust is lost and regained, and the importance of transparency.
- Identifying interests behind positions
Strategies for Managing Conflict
- Identifying your preferred strategies for responding to conflict
- Understanding the five conflict strategies
- Appropriate strategies to minimize/manage conflict
- Identifying and practicing assertiveness tools and strategies
- The danger of emotional statements and alternative ways to get the message across.
Request Information to learn more about the cost of this course.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Conflict Management (1 Day) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
30 GBP-895 GBP