Delivering Winning Sales Pitches
Delivering Winning Sales Pitches - 2-day Course
This Delivering Winning Sales Pitches course equips delegates with a range of tried-and-tested tools, techniques and tricks to deliver sales pitches that achieve a range of different business objectives.
The 2-day programme is designed to be highly practical and participatory, exploring the different elements necessary to effectively design, structure and conduct business pitches in different environments and sectors. Covering a number of relevant approaches, the course will provide anyone involved in pitching with a solid understanding of:
- The factors to take into consideration when planning a pitch
- What makes an effective pitch
- The different behaviours and etiquette of anyone involved in pitching
- How to "sense the room" during a pitch
Delegates will leave the training with the confidence, knowledge and practical skills necessary to pitch effectively to clients in both formal and informal situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Delivering Winning Sales Pitches course is suitable for anyone who delivers (or will have to deliver) business pitches to clients on both a formal and informal basis.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
Introduction and Context to the Field of Pitching to Win Business
- The Importance of Effective "Pitching"
- The skills, behaviours & etiquette of an effective Pitcher
- The fears worries, concerns, nerves and challenges of pitching to a Client
- The Key Messages of Pitching
- Successful Bid Management – Why companies lose bids
Planning & Structuring Client Pitches
- Successful Bid Management – Planning
- Understanding what the Client really wants
- Tenders, pre tender meetings and proposals – what is looked for
- The aim of the pitch
- The needs of the Client
- The mindset of the Client
- The attendees to the pitch
- The receptiveness levels, attitudes & moods of the attendees
- The timing of the presentation
- The venue of the session
- The “Mood Style” of the attendees
- Structure a pitch session
Delivering Client Pitches – The Technical Elements
- The Presenter as the "Leader" of the pitch
- Delivery tools and techniques
- Grabbing and Holding Attention
- "Selling" your message (features and benefits)
- Demonstrating added value
- Bringing content alive
- Structuring the pitch
- Pitching as part of a team
- Pitching Tenders and Proposals
Delivering Client Pitches – The Interpersonal Elements
- Maximising interpersonal & communication skills as a Pitcher
- Maximising the use of Words and Tone of Voice as a Pitcher
- Maximising Body Language as a Pitcher
- Establishing & maintaining credibility as a Pitcher
- Maintaining Neutrality, Objectivity & Impartiality when pitching
- Appearing Cool, Calm Confident and in control – Tricks of the trade to hide nerves
- Building Rapport & Connecting with the Client & Creating personal impact
- Pitching from a Seated position with “no” visual aids
- Pitching as a team
Understanding and Managing the Client
- Understanding the personality of the Client
- Asking the right questions
- "Switching on" and "Switching off" your Client
- Adapting your presentation behaviours to different Client personalities
- Gauging the mood of the Client
- "Sensing the Room"
Communicating Effectively with the Client
- The importance of Questioning & Listening for the pitcher
- The type of questions at our disposal and the most appropriate time to use them at a pitch
- The skill and benefits of "Active Listening" at a pitch
- Barriers to effective listening
- Improving our listening skills
- Fielding and answering questions effectively
- Picking up buying signals
- Picking up "Extra Business/Services" signals
Courtney Associates can deliver this course to 5 or more members of your team at your workplace, anywhere in the UK as a In-House programme which can save your company both time and money.
It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology at no extra cost. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs.
Please complete the "Enquiry Form" below or contact us on 0800 158 8314 for a competitive "no obligation" quote.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Delivering Winning Sales Pitches course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!