Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Leadership Skills for ManagersCourtney Associates (Global)
Essential Leadership Skills for Managers
Essential Leadership Skills for Managers - 2-day Public Course
New supervisors and leaders are often "thrown in at the deep end", without any formal training to teach them how to tackle the many challenges they will face in their new position.
This Essential Leadership Skills for Managers course is designed precisely to fill this gap, using a combination of theory and practice to help delegates develop their confidence, knowledge and skills in key leadership & supervision areas including:
- The roles and duties of a team leader
- Recognised leadership styles and how to apply them
- Using different communication styles for different audiences
- Motivating individuals & teams to increase performance
- Setting SMART goals & delivering effective feedback
- Effective delegation & time management techniques
In addition, participants will develop the critical insights necessary to understand behaviours & manage any conflict that may arise in their team. This will be achieved by using the DiSC Behavioural Profiling Tool. Each delegate will receive their own personalised 20 page report which will give them great insight into their own individual behavioural style and they will be taught how this powerful tool can be used in a variety of work based situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will benefit anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team and who is looking to develop their skill, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire their team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others.
The course is a very popular choice with team leaders and supervisors from a variety of different backgrounds as it covers all industries and sectors. It is suitable for those managers/supervisors who are new to the role and it can equally act as a refresher to those who are experienced but are looking for new ideas and inspiration of how to lead their teams effectively by improving efficiency and increasing productivity.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Defining the role of the Supervisor and Team Leader
- Understanding the skills, attributes and qualities of an effective leader
- Establishing your credibility and authority as a supervisor/team leader
- Acquiring a range of leadership styles to suit different situations
- Motivating your people towards success
- Handling difficult people and difficult situations – conflict management
- Managing workloads through effective delegation
- Organising yourself and others through effective time management
- Communicating effectively with a range of personalities
- Acquiring the essential skill of delivering feedback effectively
- Managing difficult personalities and behaviours within your team
- Coaching individuals and conducting one to one meetings
- Managing the performance of your people and setting SMART objectives
- Getting the most from your team meetings
Courtney Associates can deliver this course to 5 or more members of your team at your workplace, anywhere in the UK as an In-House programme which can save your company both time and money.
It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology at no extra cost. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Please complete the "Enquiry Form" below or contact us on 0800 158 8314 for a competitive quote with no obligation.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
With over 26 years of experience in training and consultancy, Courtney Associates is a leading provider of leadership, supervision and management development solutions to private and public sector organisations across the UK and beyond. Their long history of delivering tailor-made...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Courtney Associates (Global)
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Essential Leadership Skills for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!