Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating SkillsCourtney Associates (Global)
Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills - 2-day& Course
Most people are involved with negotiations at some point in their lives, whether this is in a personal context or in a workplace situation.&
There are many ways to describe negotiation – influencing others to achieve your goal or objective, reaching an agreement, bargaining, persuading, gaining an advantage, getting what you want from a given situation.& The whole purpose of Negotiation is to find a solution that benefits all parties. This Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course will teach you a range of concepts, methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances and will equip you with the necessary toolkit of skills to have the ability and confidence to influence a situation to your own benefit and advantage.
Using a range of practical methods, Participants will learn a step-by-step approach to persuading and negotiating with other people in a range of formal & informal circumstances, allowing them to gain an overall influence on the situation at hand. The programme encourages participants to identify their own negotiating style, while also placing a strong emphasis on the importance of effective communication and interpersonal skills in understanding others, which is key to the success of the entire influencing & negotiating process.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course is suitable for anyone wanting to improve the influence they have over different people & situations in their professional and personal lives.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers is structured as follows:
Introduction and Overview of Influencing, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Defining Influencing, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Identifying times when we influence, persuade and negotiate in and outside work, both formally & informally
- Identifying the key technical & interpersonal skills of influencing, persuading and negotiating
The Principles and Technicalities of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- A step by step guide to influencing
- Challenging others’ views
- Handling objections to your argument
- Identifying common ground
- A step by step guide to Persuading
- Developing a line of reasoned argument
- Using positive language
- Planning your argument
- Asserting yourself
- A step by step guide to Negotiation
- Defining what you want from the negotiation
- Planning to Negotiate
- The importance of “variables” in any negotiation
- The importance of “power” in any negotiation
- Structuring a negotiation meeting
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Moving to a “Win ” solution – myth or reality
- Tactics, tools and techniques of negotiation
Opportunity to put all of the day’s learning into practice through a Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion simulated exercise.
The Interpersonal Skills of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Maximising your communication skills when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The power of words, tone of voice and non-verbal's when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using Assertive Behaviour to ask for what you want
- Making a compelling case for something you want
- Managing resistance and conflict
- The importance of questioning and listening in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The importance of “Rapport”, “Connecting” “Self Presentation”& and “charisma” in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
Understanding Others in the Context of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
Using a recognised behavioural tool, this session gives Participants the opportunity to understand the behaviours of other people in a range of circumstances and how their behaviours will help or hinder your ability to negotiate, influence or persuade them to your point of view
Identifying your Natural Negotiating Style
- Recognising your preference and others
- Impact of different styles
- When to apply different styles
Opportunity to put all of the programme’s learning into practice through a final Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion simulated exercise.
The cost of this course is £750 + VAT per Participant.
The course cost includes:
- lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Participant pack containing workbooks, copies of course slides & contact details for post-course tutor support
- Certificate of Attendance
Each Participant will also receive a personalised 20 page Disc Behavioural Profile.& This powerful tool provides an insight into people's behaviours and can be used in a range of Managerial situations, particularly "Negotiation" to achieve a "win: win" situation.
This course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and money.& It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Courtney Associates (Global)
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 13 reviews
Find out more about this Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Open / Scheduled
e-learning / Online / Distance