Leadership and Management Course
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT - 2 DAY COURSE
This Essential Leadership Skils for Managers training course is designed to help new managers or supervisors understand the key skills and responsibilities that are required in first line management. By using a blend of theory and practice, the course looks at a combination of skills and behaviours that are associated with “management” and “leadership” and is designed to increase your confidence and to provide you with the essential knowledge and toolkit of skills to work with confidence in this challenging, but very rewarding area. The 2 days are intensive and cover a lot of relevant material on the key areas of Leadership and Supervision. You will leave the course feeling motivated, inspired and ready to tackle the challenges of leading your team with boosted confidence and vigour.
- Defining the Role of the Suervisor and Team Leader
- Understanding the Skills, Attributes and Qualities of an effective leader
- Establishing your credibility and authority as a supervisor/team leader
- Acquiring a range of Leadership Styles to suit different situations
- Motivating your people towards success
- Handling difficult people and difficult situations – Conflict Management
- Managing workloads through effective Delegation
- Organising yourself and others through effective Time Management
- Communicating effectively with a range of personalities
- Acquiring the essential skill of Delivering Feedback effectively
- Managing difficult personalities and behaviours within your team
- Coaching individuals and conducting one to one meetings
- Managing the performance of your people and setting SMART Objectives
- Getting the most from your team meetings
By the end of this course you will understand:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of an effective team leader
- how to lead your team to success by being given an insight into recognised Leadership Styles
- how to apply a variety of Communication Styles when dealing with a range of differing personalities
- how to Motivate teams and individuals and how to drive their performance to deliver outstanding results
- how to Develop the people within your team by delivering feedback effectively and by setting them SMART Objectives
- recognise the tools and techniques used to understand behaviours and handle any Conflict that may emerge amongst members of your team
- how to drive the productivity of your team by applying effective Delegation and Time Management techniques
Suitability - Who should attend?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND - SUITABILITY?This course will benefit anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team and who is looking to develop their skill, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire their team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others. The course is a very popular choice with team leaders and supervisors from a variety of different backgrounds as it covers all industries and sectors. It is suitable for those managers/supervisors who are new to the role and it can equally act as a refresher to those who are experienced but are looking for new ideas and inspiration of how to lead their teams effectively by improving efficiency and increasing productivity.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Leadership and Management Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!