Leadership and Management SkillsCourtney Associates (Global)
Leadership and Management Skills
Leadership and Management - 2-day& Public Course
New supervisors and managers are often "thrown in at the deep end", without any formal training to teach them how to tackle the many challenges they will face in their new position.
The Courtney Associates Leadership and Management Skills Course is designed precisely to fill this gap, using a combination of theory and practice to help Participants develop their confidence, knowledge and skills in key leadership & supervision areas including:
- The roles and duties of a team leader, manager or supervisor
- Recognised Leadership Styles and how to apply them
- Using different Communication Styles for different audiences
- Motivation techniques to increase the performance and productivity of your team
- Setting SMART goals and objectives & delivering effective feedback
- Effective Delegation techniques&
In addition, participants will develop the critical insights necessary to understand behaviours & manage any conflict that may arise in their team.& This will be achieved by using the DiSC Behavioural Profiling Tool.& Each Participant will receive their own personalised 20 page report which will give them great insight into their own individual behavioural style and they will be taught how this powerful tool can be used in a variety of work based situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Leadership and Management course will benefit anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team and who is looking to develop their skills, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire their team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others.
The course is a very popular choice with team leaders and supervisors from a variety of different backgrounds as it covers all industries and sectors. It is suitable for those managers/supervisors who are new to the role and it can equally act as a refresher to those who are experienced but are looking for new ideas and inspiration of how to lead their teams effectively by improving efficiency and increasing productivity.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Defining the role of the Supervisor and Team Leader
- Understanding the skills, attributes and qualities of an effective leader
- Establishing your credibility and authority as a supervisor/team leader
- Acquiring a range of leadership styles to suit different situations
- Motivating your people towards success
- Handling difficult people and difficult situations – conflict management
- Managing workloads through effective delegation
- Organising yourself and others through effective time management
- Communicating effectively with a range of personalities
- Acquiring the essential skill of delivering feedback effectively
- Managing difficult personalities and behaviours within your team
- Coaching individuals and conducting one to one meetings
- Managing the performance of your people and setting SMART objectives
- Getting the most from your team meetings
The cost of this course is £695 + VAT per Participant
Significant discounts are available for 2 people or more - please enquire here for more information.
Courtney Associates training courses are delivered in convenient city centre locations, close to main transport networks, local amenities and NCP car parks. The course cost includes:
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Participant Pack containing workbooks and copies of course slides
- Certificate of Achievement
- 3 month follow up with course tutor
- 5 Star Rated training
This course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and money.
The training can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company or industry-specific case studies and terminology. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Courtney Associates (Global)
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 34 reviews
Find out more about this Leadership and Management Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!