Performance Management and Staff Appraisals
Performance Management and Staff Appraisals - 2-day Course
This course is designed to give delegates the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to effectively manage the performance of their people on a practical level.
The 2-day programme is highly participative and considers many of the different tools available to managers when it comes to monitoring, assessing and enhancing the performance of their team and individual team members. The course also touches on the issues of motivation, managing high performance and having the difficult conversation when performance is poor. Finally, delegates are provided with a practical approach to conducting a one-to-one appraisal, coaching or performance improvement interviews to apply as part of their performance management activities in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for managers and team leaders in organisations who are involved in managing the performance of employees, colleagues and/or team members.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
Introduction to the Field of Managing Performance
- What managing performance actually means
- Tools to manage performance
- Tailored Case Studies depicting real life performance issues
Introduction to the field of Feedback
- What feedback actually is
- The importance of it
- Giving feedback effectively
- Receiving feedback effectively
Managing Poor Performance & Difficult Situations
- Specific problems and difficult situations faced in the workplace
- Why such problems/situations occur
- Anticipating, preventing and dealing with such problems
- Planning and structuring meetings to resolve such problems/situations/people
Managing Staff Appraisals
- Understanding what appraisal is and is not
- Planning, structuring and conducting successful appraisals
- Managing appraisal documentation
- Managing staff’s attitudes and expectations of appraisals
- Identifying staff training and development needs through the appraisal process
- The importance of Objective Setting in Managing Performance
- Setting SMART Objectives
- Monitoring Objectives
Motivation and Performance
- Understanding when Motivation is required
- Defining what we mean by Motivation
- Understanding what motivates/de-motivates people
- The importance of a motivated staff
- Creating a motivated culture
- Strategies and tips to motivate others
- Delegation and Empowerment as a means to motivating
Coaching and Training Your People to Enhanced Performance
- What coaching and training is, and is not
- Planning, coaching and training activities
- Identify training and coaching needs
- Implementing coaching and training
- Evaluate the success of your coaching and training activities
Courtney Associates can deliver this course to 5 or more members of your team at your workplace, anywhere in the UK as an In-House programme which can save your company both time and money.
It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology at no extra cost. Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet the specific needs of your organisation.
Please complete the "Enquiry Form" below or contact us on 0800 158 8314 for a competitive quote with no obligation.
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Provider: Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates (Global)
Courtney Associates is a leading Management Development & Training Consultancy that has specialised in providing training solutions to both businesses and individual learners for the past 30 years. We offer a full range of Public Courses that are delivered in...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Performance Management and Staff Appraisals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!