Distance Learning Centre's English Language A Level course introduces advanced language study and will develop the students ability to write for a variety of audiences and purposes. You will discover linguistic frameworks and how these can be used to analyse and interpret language.
This distance learning course provides the perfect opportunity for you to improve their language skills and gain an understanding of the underlying structures of English, both spoken and written.
The course is divided into the following lessons:
- Introduction to Language Analysis: Language Frameworks
- Textual Variations and Representations
- Language Diversity
- Language Discourses
- Language in Action: Investigating Language
- Understanding Childrens Language Development
- Applying Theories of Language Development to Analysis of Speech and Writing
- Introduction to Language Change
- Evaluating Language Change
- Language in Action Original Writing
Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study. Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self- assessment questions. There are twenty Tutor-Marked Assignments (known as TMAs).On completion of their study students would arrange examinations with a local exam centre as a private candidate.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Approximate Delivery Time
Distance Learning Centre - Self-study, online and distance learning courses
The Distance Learning Centre is one of the leading and longest established suppliers of distance learning courses, open learning, home study, and correspondence courses in the UK. Providing distance learning courses since 1994, the Distance Learning Centre has grown to...