Understanding Substance Misuse - Level 3 Certificate (RQF) Course
The Understanding Substance Misuse – Level 3 Certificate (RQF) Course leads to a fully accredited RQF qualification and is designed to help the student develop an understanding of issues, possible responses and interventions for a wide range of drugs.
This distance learning course can be an excellent resource for those interested in this subject area, but it is particularly aimed at those who are working directly or would like to work with people who have alcohol or drugs misuse problems and will lead to a fully recognised RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) qualification in this subject. These are nationally recognised qualifications that are superseding the old NVQ framework qualifications.
The course raises an opportunity for personal development and occupational competence in an area identified by government policy as one requiring special attention. The overall Government's policy is laid out in "Drug Strategy 2010 – Reducing Demand, Restricting Supply, Building Recovery: Supporting people to live a drug-free life.".
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no particular entry requirements for this course, so students can sign up providing they are comfortable studying at a Level 3 standard.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The Course Objectives are to:
- Provide a nationally accredited certificated programme in a wide range of substance misuse issues and the variety of responses and interventions available.
- Provide a flexible learning opportunity that is accessible to a wide range of learners.
- Provide the student with knowledge and understanding that can be used by those who either personally, voluntary or professionally have a special interest in this field.
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Level 3 Certificate Qualification with 13 Credits issued by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
Training Course Content
- Understanding Drug Use: Facts, Effects, Symptoms and Attitudes
- Understanding Responses to Substance Misuse: Legislation, Harm Reduction and Interventions
- Understanding Alcohol and Drug Use in Young People
Course delivery details
Course Format:Online Course (With Optional Paper-Based Course Notes)
1-3 Working Days (Email)
You will receive access to the course materials through an online portal for a 12-month period. Students can use the portal for accessing their course materials, submitting assignments and to log tutor questions.
Please Note: An optional hard-copy version of the course notes can be purchased for an additional £48.00. This is useful for learners who also want to study away from the computer and means they have course notes they can keep and refer back to beyond their online course license.
Delivery of the hard-copy materials is usually within 5 to 10 working days by a recorded delivery service.
- Pay in full today: £438.00
- 3 monthly payments: £146.00
- 6 monthly payments: £52.56
Distance Learning Centre - Self-study, online and distance learning courses
The Distance Learning Centre is one of the leading and longest established suppliers of distance learning courses, open learning, home study, and correspondence courses in the UK. Providing distance learning courses since 1994, the Distance Learning Centre has grown to...