Exiting the EU - In-House Course
Gain crucial knowledge of the process and implications of the UK’s exit from the EU - and the role of the UK Government and Civil Service - with this one-day in-house course from Dods Training.
Participants will acquire a key understanding of EU decision-making processes, the exiting process itself, and the probable implications for domestic policy and UK trade.
The course will examine:
- The Article 50 agreement on the conditions for UK exit from the EU (including the questions of Free Movement of People and continuing access to the Single Market)
- Changes to UK domestic policy as a result of leaving the EU, for example on transport, energy, the environment and agriculture
- Trade agreements between the UK and non-EU countries such as the US, China, Japan and India
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house course is suitable for any individuals whose work involves the UK exiting the EU and related UK policy areas.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course participants will have:
- Enhanced their insight into how the UK exiting the EU will work in practice, focusing on implications for their work both on international issues and on UK domestic policies
- Explored how the work of the EU, including the European Commission, Parliament and Council, are relevant to their work on exiting the EU
- Strengthened their confidence in communicating and working with the EU agenda within and beyond the UK
Training Course Content
Course content will include:
- Overview of the exiting the EU process
- EU institutions and how they work
- Negotiating role play - Exiting the EU and UK access to the Single Market
- How the EU makes decisions, including case study
- Domestic UK policies and the effect of exiting the EU
- Trade deals with non-EU countries and exiting the EU, including group work
- Coordination, lobbying and influence
Contact the training provider for further details relating to prices.
Dods Training - Communication, Personal Development, Policy & Government Training
Part of the wider Dods Group, Dods Training is a primary private sector provider of professional development programmes on policy, Government, Parliament and the soft skills needed for those working in these areas, including communication, writing, confidence-building and personal efficiency....