Managing Difficult Conversations
Every individual has to face difficult conversations from time to time, be it with customers, colleagues, staff, stakeholders or managers. The ability to manage these difficult conversations is what makes all the difference. This workshop is designed to equip participants with the managing and coping strategies needed to tackle difficult conversations effectively, both within and outside the workplace.
The one-day programme aims to provide attendees with the skills required to negotiate calmly, defuse unpleasant situations and generally feel more positive about having difficult conversations, whether face to face or on the telephone, enabling participants to:
- Recognise and handle different types of difficult behaviour
- Deal with criticism from others in constructive ways
- Learn tactics of how to give difficult feedback
- Develop an assertive approach without being either aggressive or submissive
- Handle difficult conversations more effectively so that they can enhance their overall performance at work and deliver improved results to the organisation
Attendees will leave the course with the confidence and practical skills to manage difficult conversations with colleagues, staff and managers, as well as external stakeholders and customers.
The course can also be offered as company-specific training. Contact the provider for more information.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to develop the techniques to manage difficult conversations effectively.
Training Course Content
The course is typically structured as follows:
- Understanding the nature of difficult conversations
- Subjective experience
- Assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviours
- Basic transactional analysis
- Components of a difficult conversation
- The emotional loop
- Influencing people non-verbally
- The language of influence
- Personal Power
- Verbal self-defense
- Keeping cool under fire
- Giving constructive feedback
- Dealing with conflict
Average rating 5
Good conversational approach and plenty of discussion within the group which gave the course content added applicability
Really helpful training, well run and interactive
I think the course is insightful. It allowed me to review my own behaviouir and recognise how small changes can bring about positive changes for me
The cost of this course is:
- Private Sector£495 +VAT£445 +VAT (if registering more than 1 place)
- Public Sector£345 +VAT£295 +VAT (if registering more than 1 place)
- Charity£295 +VAT£245 +VAT (if registering more than 1 place)
Dods Training - Communication, Personal Development, Policy & Government Training
Part of the wider Dods Group, Dods Training is a primary private sector provider of professional development programmes on policy, Government, Parliament and the soft skills needed for those working in these areas, including communication, writing, confidence-building and personal efficiency....