Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Accredited PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner (Classroom Training & Exam)E-Careers
About the Certification
PRINCE2® stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments and throughout the PRINCE2 course you will learn the seven PRINCE2 processes, themes and principles behind the PRINCE2 methodology and learn how to manage projects in any industry effectively using the PRINCE2 framework.
Is this course accredited?
Our PRINCE2 examinations are delivered by PEOPLECERT, the major Exam Institution under AXELOS who are the awarding body for PRINCE2.
About the Course
• PRINCE2® Foundation
The first stage of the PRINCE2® Qualification; the objective is to make sure you have an assured knowledge of the theories and processes behind the PRINCE2® methodology. You will learn the general principles, basic knowledge of the seven themes and processes as well as terms and phrases. This means you can function in roles including Junior Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator, Project Administrator or just as part of a project team.
• PRINCE2® Practitioner
The second stage of the PRINCE2® Qualification. By passing the second and final stage of the PRINCE2® Qualification, you will be able to understand the reasons behind PRINCE2® and implement them in any project environment. You will learn how to implement the principles, themes and processes learnt in the Foundation stage in to any project environment in any industry, as well as comprehensive knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology. This means you can work in roles including Project Manager, Software Development Manager, Project Engineer and Business Analyst
PRINCE2 Course Units
The PRINCE2 Principles are the guiding requirements and good practices which determine whether the project is genuinely being managed using PRINCE2:
- Continued business justifications
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
PRINCE2 Themes will describe aspects of project management that must be addressedin parallel throughout the project. They explain the specific treatment required by PRINCE2 for various project management disciplines and why they are necessary:
- Business Case – What value would delivering the project bring to the organisation?
- Organisation – How will the project team’s individual roles and responsibilities be defined in order for them to effectively manage the project?
- Quality – What the quality requirements and measures are and how the project will deliver them.
- Plans – Steps required to develop the plans and PRINCE2 techniques that should be used.
- Risk – How the project management will address the uncertainties in its plans and the project environment.
- Change – How the project management will assess act on unforeseen issues.
- Progress – The ongoing viability and performance of the plans and how and whether the project should proceed.
The PRINCE2 Processes which describe the steps of the project lifecycle:
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
o Multiple choice
o Closed book format
o 75 questions
o 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
o 60 minutes’ duration
o Objective testing
o 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
o 44 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
o 2 hours and 30 minutes’ duration
o Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
PRINCE2® will benefit your organisation in multiple aspects. It provides a flexible approach can suit all projects. It provides a framework that covers all areas within a project. It provides your organisation with:
- Effective communication channels between the organisation, project management and the project
- An organised timescale to the project
- A method of sharing lessons learned
- An increase in competency of staff and project management skills
- Progress reviews against the plan and the business case
- Flexible decision points.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Supporting over 325,000 students, the team at e-Careers consists of over 200 individuals who specialise in numerous methods of combining education and technology. With this talented and passionate team, e-Careers is committed to giving students the best possible experience in...