What does this programme involve?
By the end of the course, you will:
* Have baked a variety of cakes, including Victoria Sponge, Lemon Drizzle, Muffins and Traybakes.
* Know and understand the use of tools and equipment used in baking (including oven, scales etc.).
* Know how to read, understand and follow recipes, and line a cake tin.
* Have the confidence to try new recipes.
Topics that will be covered include:
* Health, hygiene and safety.
* Various cake recipes, using different methods.
* Understanding more about what can make cakes fail and how to avoid this happening.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
- This course is essentially a practical class with hands on learning. There will be some group and individual instruction, and demonstrations. Students will have the opportunity to bake and take home their own cakes, choosing from recipes supplied each week.
- With support from the tutor, you will learn how to evaluate your work and recognise areas for improvement.
What career opportunities can this lead to?
Students will be able to progress onto further cookery or cake decorating courses such as:
- Cake Baking Skills (Intermediate)
- Baking and Decorating Cupcakes
- Cake Artistry (All Levels)
- Introduction to Sugarcraft.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Eastleigh College Apprenticeships
Eastleigh College is a General FE College based in Eastleigh, Hampshire specialising in Apprenticeships for 10 years. We have recently launched 'The Apprenticeship Experts' team based at the College in response to our growing success in this area. We offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!