What does this programme involve?
Learners will learn the following:
- How to recognise variations in the way deaf people communicate.
- How to sign at a basic level
- Finger spelling, names and places.
- Responding to simple signed questions.
- Understand receptive skills when signing.
- Demonstrate signing skills.
You will be able to gain a better understanding of the deaf culture and community.
A college certificate will be awarded on request.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
You will be taught by various methods including:
- Receptive from tutor
- Practical demonstration
- Group and pair work
- Role mode and role play
What career opportunities can this lead to?
- This BSL course will assist students to communicate more effectively with deaf people. It may also assist students to gain work, or progress their career, in care, education or any other area where an ability to sign is required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Eastleigh College Apprenticeships
Eastleigh College is a General FE College based in Eastleigh, Hampshire specialising in Apprenticeships for 10 years. We have recently launched 'The Apprenticeship Experts' team based at the College in response to our growing success in this area. We offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!