What does this programme involve?
In this hands-on workshop, students will learn the foundations of this popular lettering style.
You will be gently introduced to some of the pen strokes that help make letterforms.
Beginning with pencil, students will gain an understanding of the underlying structure of Italic hand, before moving on to tackle the alphabet with a calligraphy pen using ink or gouache.
Students will learn how to be comfortable with their tools, materials, and lettering, and building confidence to develop a calligraphic composition.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
- You will learn from guided practice and demonstration.
What else do I need to know?
- Please bring paper, pencil, eraser, ruler, and reading glasses (if required) to the workshop.
- Although a starter dip pen and nib is included in the cost of the workshop, you may wish to bring any calligraphy pens and ink if you already have them.
- A list of recommended items will also be provided before the workshop should you wish to buy other items in advance. The approximate cost would be in the region of 15 to 20.
- Please ensure your course is running before purchasing any materials.
- A starter pack of a calligraphy dip pen and nib is included in the course fee and will be provided at the start of your workshop. Students are responsible for the purchase of other materials relevant to the course.
What career opportunities can this lead to?
- Students may wish to attend other art courses offered by the college .
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Eastleigh College Apprenticeships
Eastleigh College is a General FE College based in Eastleigh, Hampshire specialising in Apprenticeships for 10 years. We have recently launched 'The Apprenticeship Experts' team based at the College in response to our growing success in this area. We offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!