What does this programme involve?
This is a five week course designed to introduce basic marketing concepts to students. It will build the foundation for students to develop their own marketing plans for their businesses, and can be extended if desired.
8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start businesses fail within the first 18 months, according to Bloomberg. Fully, 80% of businesses will fail in less than two years. To a business owner, the superiority and necessity of their products or services is obvious, and sometimes it can be difficult to remember that others need to be convinced of what they already ''know''.
Knowing how to market your business is a crucial skill to stand out from the crowd and be an outlier of the above statistics. Therefore, having access to courses like this to learn these valuable skills helps the local economy thrive and helps people realise their dreams of being their own boss. It can also help those looking to go into marketing for a career, by giving them the necessary foundation to succeed in a marketing department.
* What is marketing? This introductory session will discuss concepts such as the 4ps and 7ps of marketing, the funnel, etc.
* Who is your customer? Students will build a persona of their target customer, and learn how this will help them to effectively reach those people.
* SWOT Analysis: In this session, students will learn to survey their competition, and look at their own strengths and weaknesses.
* Marketing Plan, Part 1: Using the previous session's knowledge, students will begin building their own marketing plan, step by step.
* Marketing Plan, Part 2: This session follows on from the previous, walking students through the completion of their marketing plans.
A College Certificate will be awarded on request.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
- The course will be taught through demonstrations, discussions and practical tasks.
What career opportunities can this lead to?
- Students can progress to other business related courses at Eastleigh College.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Eastleigh College Apprenticeships
Eastleigh College is a General FE College based in Eastleigh, Hampshire specialising in Apprenticeships for 10 years. We have recently launched 'The Apprenticeship Experts' team based at the College in response to our growing success in this area. We offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!