Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection - 2 days
This Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection Skills course is designed to equip team leaders, supervisors and managers in the food industry with the skills necessary to undertake effective audits and inspections of food premises.
The 2-day programme focuses on delivering a set of practical auditing and inspection skills, as well as a solid understanding of:
- the role of the auditor in undertaking audits/inspections
- the purpose, benefits & limitations of audits
- the audit cycle, including data gathering, analysis and reporting
Delegates will leave the course with increased confidence and competence in the terminology, techniques and knowledge required to undertake effective inspections and audits in the food industry. In addition, they will develop their ability to deal with inspection failure and to ensure that remedial action is taken.
Upcoming start dates
Dates arranged on demand
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification is aimed at supervisors, team leaders, chefs, QA staff and managers working in a variety of industries where verification, auditing (including internal auditing and supplier auditing) or inspection is undertaken. Industries may include all sectors of the food industry, consumer products, hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceuticals, warehousing and retail. The qualification is also suitable for student environmental health officers.
There are no pre-requisites for undertaking this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This qualification will provide learners with theoretical knowledge on how to effectively carry out audits/inspections, including: the purpose of audits/inspections and the role of the auditor/inspector, how to methodically approach the planning of audits/inspections, how to collect and analyse data and the purpose and content of an audit/inspection report.
Upon the completion of this training course, participants receive the Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection from Highfield Qualifications.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Types of audits and inspections: terminology; standards; construction of a model; purpose, benefits, limitations; bases; equipment; systematic approach and planning
- The inspection process: audit/inspection cycle; equipment; data collection; observation techniques; questions; terminology; evidence; closing meetings; inspection failure & remedial action.
- Analysis and report writing : conversion of raw data into coherent facts; interpretation of indicators; diagnosis of cause and effect; non-compliance; reporting
The cost of this course is £375 + VAT per delegate in Birmingham or £325 + VAT per delegate in Cornwall.
The price includes the registration fee, certification and the take-home course materials. The course concludes with a multiple-choice exam.
Ellison-Webb are also equipped to tailor training programmes for groups of staff and deliver them in-house on your company premises.