RSPH Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Services OR Physical Activity and Sport
This RSPH Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Services or Physical Activity and Sport course is designed for individuals looking to develop an in-depth understanding of the effects that diet and nutrition have on a person's health.
The RSPH qualification consist of two units, the first of which is a 5-day taught programme entitled Principles of Nutrition - this is the same unit covered in the Award syllabus, which outlines the main concepts related to:
- the effects of diet on health
- human energy and hydration requirements
- legislation in food advertising and labelling
- sources & functions of nutrients
These principles are then consolidated and applied in the second unit, which involves a specialist study that addresses how individual dietary requirements can be met via the catering services of a given institutional setting OR pysical activity/sport. Candidates are given the opportunity to choose between five institutional food services or specialist sport-related nutrition subjects. This second unit is completed by distance learning.
Upcoming start dates
Further dates arranged on demand
Dates arranged subject to demand
Suitability - Who should attend?
This RSPH Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Services OR Physical Activity and Sport is suitable for anyone with a role in the promotion of healthy eating and/or the preparation of meals, menus and diets.
It is particularly relevant to staff in the health, care, fitness and catering professions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this, candidates will receive a Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Services OR Physical Activity and Sport.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
Principles of Nutrition
- The sources, functions and uses of macro and micro nutrients
- Energy, nutrition and hydration requirements of individuals throughout life
- Effects of diet on health
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Different nutritional requirements of groups of people relying on the catering service operated by a particular type of institution, or improving performance in sport.
- Current requirements relating to the particular institutional or sports performance scenario.
- Development of expertise in staff in the catering service operated by a particular establishment, or the use of performance enhancing products in sport.
In-house training & blended learning
This course can be completed as a blended option, combining part attendance (minimum 3 days) and part distance learning, for an additional fee.
Cost £1225 plus VAT for 5 day attended course
Cost £1345 for 3 day attended 'blended' course
Ellison-Webb are also equipped to tailor training programmes for groups of staff and/or deliver them in-house or in their dedicated training centres in Birmingham and Cornwall.