Emphasis Training Limited
Emphasis Training – business-writing training and consultancy trusted by over 6,000 organisations and 60,000 delegates worldwide.
With over 20 years of experience delivering business-writing and communication-skills training, Emphasis has built an unrivalled reputation, reaching over 60,000 satisfied delegates across the globe. Today, everyone from individuals to entire companies can learn effective business writing and communication skills in a way that is efficient, interactive and engaging.
A tailor-made solution to training
We take care to tailor writing and communication-skills training programmes to the type of work you undertake in your organisation. We will analyse each company’s documents, reports or presentations to create a training programme that addresses your specific needs. In doing so, all content is delivered according to your organisation’s industry, tone and communication style.
We have been creating engaging face-to-face training experiences for more than 20 years, and have over 10 years' experience in delivering remote-learning sessions. So whatever your requirements, you can be confident your training programme will be interactive, collaborative and enjoyable.
Areas of training include:
- High-impact business writing
- Virtual communication for remote working
- Presentation skills
- Technical writing
- Report writing
- Bid, tender and proposal writing
- Grammar and punctuation
- Writing for the web
- Email writing
- Policy and proposal writing
Individual pre-course analysis
When it comes to writing and communication, a one-size-fits-all solution is simply ineffective. With Emphasis Training, each delegate has the opportunity to submit a writing sample for confidential analysis. They will then receive a document which clearly maps out their strengths and weaknesses in 15 critical writing areas. This means that delegates don’t have to self-diagnose their writing problems, plus they will receive reliable, constructive feedback.
The same approach is true for presentation skills, where delegates are asked to complete a questionnaire and send in an existing slide deck for review. This helps our trainers understand their style, as well as the types of audiences they are presenting to.
A name you can trust
All our trainers come from a professional writing and communications background. With decades of experience in English teaching, publishing, writing and editing, each trainer is uniquely suited to handle the most difficult of writing or communications obstacles. As well as being business-writing and communications experts in their own right, all trainers are also subject to a train-the-trainer programme before they start running courses.
From the private sector to public institutions, organisations from every sector and industry have chosen to work with Emphasis, including Google, Uber, Linklaters, JP Morgan, Coca-Cola, EY, Hewlett Packard, HSBC, London Business School and Marks & Spencer.
We are a member of the CPD Certification Service, and all our scheduled courses for individuals are CPD accredited.
Running tailored training and consultancy since 1998
More than 60,000 delegates from 6,000 organisations worldwide
Delegates rate our training 9/10, with an average NPS rating of 64
Why choose Emphasis Training Limited
- We create tailored in-company learning programmes, with bespoke materials based on real-life documents to target your challenges and help you meet your goals. We also run scheduled open courses for individuals to join.
- We have 15 specialist trainers, all experts in writing and communication, as well as a dedicated learning-design team.
- Every delegate receives our unique diagnostic analysis of their writing, alongside targeted, personalised feedback and guidance.
- The Learning and Performance Institute lists us in their top 20 highest-performing learning providers.
- Our clients include Aldi, American Express, Barnado’s, Bupa, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Bank, Equality and Human Rights Commission, EY (Ernst & Young), HM Revenue & Customs, HSBC, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), JP Morgan, London Business School, M&S, Nestle, NHS, Ofcom, PwC and Uber.
Average rating 4.8
Amazing course with amazing tutor.
I was not looking forward to this training, imagining it to be dull and uninteresting. How wrong I was. Wendy delivered the content so well and I was completely engaged throug...
Wendy was a great facilitator and kept us engaged throughout the day.
The King's Fund chooses Emphasis to improve their overall writing standard.
A case study on 'Writing to Customers' training.
Nabarro, a leading commercial law firm, implements a plain English campaign.