Conducting Incident Investigations and Analyses Using the Tripod Beta Methodology
A 3-day training course providing both a theoretical and practical overview of the Tripod Beta methodology, enabling Participants to support and conduct incident investigations and analyses.
Tripod is a theory for understanding incidents and accidents, based on the Swiss Cheese model. It was developed to explain how and why incidents happen, and allow the root organisational causes and deficiencies to be uncovered and addressed. This 3-day training course will provide a theoretical overview of the Tripod Beta methodology and teach Participants how to apply this in practice, helping Participants uncover not just how an incident happened but also why it happened: the management controls that should have prevented it and the systemic organisational issues that can lead to future incidents.
Why the Tripod Beta training course?
- The course is accredited by the Stitching Tripod Foundation, the custodians of the Tripod Beta methodology
- Participants will receive a free copy of the official Tripod Beta user guide, ‘Tripod Beta: Guidance on using Tripod Beta in the investigation and analysis of incidents, accidents and business losses’, worth £150
- Successful Participants will be awarded Bronze Practitioners certification by the Stitching Tripod Foundation. Bronze Practitioners are recognised as being able to begin to use Tripod Beta and will be invited to undertake further accreditation to become a Gold Tripod Beta Practitioner.
- Gain an excellent theoretical understanding of the Tripod Beta methodology
- Understand how accidents occur and implement a more proactive approach in preventing accidents at work
- Assist with conducting structured, well-thought-out and deeper investigations with the established Tripod Beta methodology
- Recognise the cost of incidents and the value of investigating unwanted events
- Act as a Tripod Beta facilitator during incident investigations as a team member.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the Tripod Beta exam, Participants will achieve a Bronze Practitioner certificate, demonstrating their understanding of the Tripod Beta methodology. Bronze Practitioners will exhibit an excellent theoretical understanding and can begin assisting with low-level investigations.
Upon attaining Bronze Practitioner status, Participants will be invited to continue towards becoming an accredited Gold Tripod Practitioner and conduct more high-level and complex incident investigation and analyses.
Training Course Content
- Nature of incidents
- The Swiss Cheese model
- Sequentially timed event plot
- Review of Day 1
- Tripod Beta core diagram
- Immediate causes
- Preconditions for unsafe acts
- Review of Day 2
- Underlying causes
- Remedial actions
- Tree logic
- Exam (Discussion and Feedback)
The EI Tripod Beta training course will be assessed by a 45 minute multiple-choice examination. Those who pass this knowledge assessment will be awarded Bronze Practitioner certification by the Stitching Tripod Foundation.
The tuition fee for EI Member - £1,330
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £1,550
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Conducting Incident Investigations and Analyses Using the Tripod Beta Methodology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!