This intensive 2-day training course will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the key aspects of decommissioning. The course will be delivered by Ian Prince who is a recognized expert in the field of decommissioning.
The delegates will have a unique opportunity of discussing and comparing their individual decommissioning requirements both with the trainer and the other delegates. A key feature of the course will be the opportunity for the delegates to take part in the development of a decommissioning strategy and plan for a typical field.
- Highly interactive learning approach
- Real life team exercises
- Clear understanding of decommissioning issues and challenges
- Open discussion to share best practice
- Hands on case studies from trainer’s extensive experience
- The course will be an interactive 2-day master – class training that will bring together decommissioning professionals from the Oil and Gas Industry.
- The focus will be on covering all the key aspects of decommissioning taking note of lessons learnt from actual projects.
- Delegates will participate in the development of a decommissioning strategy and plan for a ‘typical’ field.
- In addition, there will be the added benefit for delegates to network with other professionals within the group
Training Course Content
- The key components of decommissioning
- The North Sea decommissioning market and timing
- Regulatory issues
- Decommissioning strategies
- Comparative assessment
- End of field life
- Phasing and timing of decommissioning
- Challenges and identification of key risks
- Cessation of production
- Well abandonment
- Offshore preparatory work
- Removal and disposal of the offshore facility
- High level cost estimate and schedule for a typical field
Non-Member - £1,450
Member - £1,250
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Decommissioning Awareness course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!