Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis TrainingEnergy Institute
Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis Training
Human Factors is recognized as a key topic for addressing safety in the oil, gas, onshore chemical plants, pharmaceutical manufacturing and power generation sectors.
This course covers all the topics necessary to produce the human factors analyses to satisfy COMAH safety report submissions, together with guidance on producing the associated procedures and competency management documentation based on these analyses.
- The course is in accordance with the EI guidance document on Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should take this course?
- Plant Mangers
- Process Safety specialists
- Process plant designers
- Senior process operators
- Procedures and training developers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will receive an EI certificate after completion of the course.
Training Course Content
Upon completing this training course, Participants should:
- Be able to develop a programme of work to address human factors in process safety, with particular emphasis on satisfying regulatory requirements such as COMAH
- Understand the different types of human error that need to be addressed within process safety
- Be able to apply the HFCTR tools during new plant design or modifications
- Be able to identify safety critical tasks
- Have an awareness of, and be able to use, techniques such as Hierarchical Task Analysis, Human Failure and Consequence analyses, and Performance Influencing Factors evaluations (Human Factors Critical Task Reviews, HFCTR) for simple tasks
- Be able to develop procedures and competency requirements based on the results of the HFCTR analyses
- Be aware of modelling and assessment tools for evaluating Human Error Probabilities for use in Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Introduction to human factors (HF)
- Predicting and preventing Slips, Mistakes and Violations
- HF in process plant design
- Addressing HF in Major Accident scenarios for COMAH safety reviews
- Task and error analysis tools and techniques.
- Human failure identification, identifying and improving factors affecting error probability
- Using task and error analysis to develop ‘Risk Aware’ Procedures and Competency management
- Shift handovers, staffing levels and safety critical communication
- Incident investigation methods
- Quantifying human error probabilities for QRA.
The tuition fee for EI Member - £1,330
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £1,550
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!