Oil and Gas Industry FundamentalsEnergy Institute
Oil and Gas Industry Fundamentals
This course comprehensively covers the oil and gas supply chains from exploration through to fuel retailing. It addresses conventional and unconventional reserves and resources, drilling and production processes and facilities, economic fiscal and risk issues, transportation, refining, gas to power, wholesale product markets, contracts, physical and paper trading, retailing, distribution logistics, emerging markets technologies, competition with alternative energies, environmental, safety and security issues.
This Oil and Gas Industry Fundamentals course provides understanding and insight into the processes, drivers, threats, and opportunities associated with the core industry activities.
The course is interactive with a range of thought-provoking exercises and various presentation media, including short videos.
This course is also available in a 4-day format, allowing more time for exercises and details.
Why this training course?
- Energy Institute is the original and unrivaled provider of this essential course content.
- The course provides a solid foundation of knowledge to aid career development as well as helping to accrue valuable CPD points.
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the Energy Institute
Participants will gain an appreciation of the principal activities in the international upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum industry and an understanding of how these interrelate, as well as an awareness of the impact of external influences and of the ways in which the industry is adapting to increase its competitiveness and meet new challenges.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course will benefit personnel from a range of technical, non-technical and commercial backgrounds with varying levels of experience. This includes:
- Those seeking a broader knowledge of the oil, gas and energy industry and markets
- New recruits to oil, gas and energy companies
- Analysts, planners, traders, sales, marketing, engineering, refining, communications, public relations and commercial personnel
- Those requiring an understanding of the oil, gas and energy value chain
- Financial and legal professionals
- Ministerial, governmental, industry bodies and development agency staff
- Consultants providing services to oil, gas and energy organisations.
- This course can be delivered over three and four days. The 4-day format allows more time for exercises and details.
Training Course Content
To understand the principal activities in the international upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum industry and how these interrelate. By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify where petroleum comes from and how and where it accumulates.
- Understand exploration and production techniques and their associated risks.
- Gain insight to petroleum economic, fiscal and project planning issues.
- Become aware of development, transport and market options for oil and gas.
- Recognise the ability of refining and petrochemical processes to balance product market demand.
- Perceive the importance of the trading, hedging and retailing functions to modern, integrated oil and gas companies.
- Evaluate the threats and opportunities offered by non-conventional petroleum sources and alternative fuels in terms of a range of scenarios.
The tuition fee for EI Member - £1,290
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £1,390
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Oil and Gas Industry Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!