We offer a unique opportunity to complete this programme online via a webinar which will be delivered on 14 Dec 2023 from 9.00 a.m. until 4.30 p.m. UK time.
The course is delivered by a senior expert with over 30 years of experience.
On completion you will receive a comprehensive set of course materials and course certificate.
Clearing houses and exchanges are vital to managing counterparty risk. In recent years a lot of attention has been focused on the subject of post trade environment - clearing and settlement.
This informative and easy to follow one day course, has been specially designed to explain how the clearing and settlement process works for derivatives and securities, demonstrating how banks and their clients manage their counterparty risk - which is particularly important in the post financial era. The course also shows in some detail, how the margining system allows for the netting of risk and the effective management of collateral.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the significance of counterparty risk – especially post financial crisis
- Explain the role and function of the central clearing counterparty (CCP)
- Illustrate the relationship between clearing members and clients and show how different types of client accounts can be set up and managed
- Demonstrate how CCPs and central security depositories (CSDs) interact
- Understand how CCPs are structured and explain their “lines of defence”
- Explore how listed derivatives v OTC derivatives are collateralised and cleared
- Show how the margining system works for futures and options and other derivatives like swaps compared with bonds and equities
- the benefit of portfolio based margining systems like SPAN and VaR margining methodology
You may be interested in our International Securities Settlement & Global Custody virtual course.
Upcoming start dates
14 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
- Counterparty risk in the post financial crisis environment
- Central clearing counterparties (CCPs) and clearing membersMargining for futures (linear products) and options (non-linear), other derivatives and securities
- Central security depositories (CSD)
Suitability - Who should attend?
Professionals from or involved with:
- Clearing houses
- Prime Brokers and Derivative Clearing Brokers
- Clearing and Settlement
- Counterparty Risk Management
- Back and Middle Office Operations
- Fund Administrators
- Compliance and Risk Management
Early Bird price £850 + VAT, regular price £950 + VAT. 10% discount for 3 people. There is no VAT charge for delegates based outside of the EU.
Eureka Financial is a provider of banking, finance, regulatory, risk and wealth management training courses. We also offer some business management and soft skills training programmes. Based in London, UK, we organise public courses in London as well as tailored in-house...