International Securities Settlement and Custodial Services training course
We offer 2 formats of this programme: in person, in London on 6-7 Dec 2023 and a virtual live online training delivered over 3 x 4.5 hrs sessions on 18-20 Mar 2024 at 10 a.m. UK time and in-person.
This 2 day training program is designed to provide delegates with practical knowledge about the key concepts, systems, processes and procedures in international securities settlement and custodial services as well as operational risks involved.
You will have a chance to gain skills necessary to facilitate day-to-day transactions and communication processes between all parties involved as well as all stages about clearing and settlement process, the role of exchanges and clearing houses, functioning of the settlements department, role of payments in the settlements.
Day two focuses on the role and functioning of global custody, services provided, derivatives settlements, corporate actions and risk management. You will also learn about the latest sector's trends and changes. You will also learn about the impact of the MiFID and Target 2 Securities initiatives on the market.
The course is conducted by senior experts with many years of international experience and includes many international case studies and exercises.
Stay up-to-date with current trends!
Upcoming start dates
6 December, 2023
18 March, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
- Application deadline: 04/03/2024
Training topics for this International Securities Settlement and Custodial Services course include:
- Securities settlement - exploring key concepts and market context
- The relationship between exchanges and clearing houses
- Trade cycle stages
- Understanding the role of a settlement department
- The role of payment systems in securities settlements
- Settlement process including pre-settlement, settlement and reconciliation processes
- European switch to T+ 2 settlements
- Timing in cash management and Forex exchange
- The role and operations of CLS
- Global custody and derivatives clearing
- Core and value added services in global custody
- Identifying and managing risks in clearing, global custody and settlement
- The impact of 'Corporate actions ' in custody services
- Key legal issues
- MiFID Directive
- Exploring industry trends
This is a highly interactive course which comprises of presentations, case studies, discussions and comprehensive group exercises.
In order to help with establishing individual and business concerns, delegates will be asked to fill pre-course questionnaire.
Due to the practical nature of the course number of places is limited and will be filled on first come, first accepted basis. We advise to book in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is designed for professionals from Custodial and Investment Banks, Exchanges, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds and Endowments and other institutional investors from the following departments:
- Custody Services
- Transactions & Processing
- Risk Management
- Credit Risk
- Customer Relationship
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this program delegates will have a through understanding of:
- International securities settlement processes and custodial services, key players and concepts
- Operational risks involved in these two services
- Recent developments of international securities settlement and custodial services including Target 2
- Settlements and MiFID
- Communication processes between all the parties involved in a given transaction
Delegates successfully completing this program will receive Course Certificate
Online edition: Early Bird £1850 + VAT. There's no VAT charge if you are based outside of the EU. Only for the online course. Regular Price £1995 + VAT. There is no VAT charge if you are based outside of the EU.
In-person edition in London: Early Bird £1850 + VAT and £2095 + VAT full price. All attendees will be charged VAT irrespective of the location of business.
- 5% discount for 2 people
- 10% discount for 3 people
If you have a team of 4 or more this course can be customised and organised in-house at your convenience.
Eureka Financial is a provider of banking, finance, regulatory, risk and wealth management training courses. We also offer some business management and soft skills training programmes. Based in London, UK, we organise public courses in London as well as tailored in-house...