Mastering Operational Risk Management 2-day Online Course
This is a unique opportunity to complete this programme remotely via a live webinar conducted on 26-27 Nov.
The course is delivered by a senior expert with over 20 years of international experience.
We will cover the same material as during our course in London but you will benefit from an attractive price and additional savings on travel and, if you are based outside of the EU – also VAT.
On completion you will receive a comprehensive set of course materials and course certificate.
We can deliver this programme via webinar sessions - contact us to discuss your requirements.
This highly practical 2 day course will help you explore the best current practice in operational risk management. You will learn how to identify and prevent occurrence of risks in the business context, assess risk appetite within your organisation, set up the most effective risk management framework as well as strategies for risk monitoring and reporting.
You will learn about the COSO and ISO Frameworks as well as about the key regulatory requirements affecting operational risk management from Basel III and MiFID to Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR).
Conducted by an expert with over 20 years of practical experience gained in the City and in major organisations worldwide, this intensive training course explores the best current practices and standards in operational risk management.
You will consolidate your knowledge through a series of exercises and case studies using real-life business situations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for existing Risk Management Professionals (both beginners & intermediate) who want to enhance their risk management knowledge & skills.
Thus benefiting most from this course will likely work as:
- Financial Officers
- Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Risk Managers
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in operational risk in risk management departments, businesses and central departments
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this programme you will:
- Learn about the most effective strategies for managing operational risk
- Understand specific risks in financial institutions and their impact on operational efficiency
- Explore operational risk in the context of Basel II, III and other major regulatory requirements including MiFID and Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Assess the risk culture and appetite
- Place operational risk within broader enterprise risk management and corporate governance structures
- Gain the tools to implement operational risk management in practice
- Explore through case studies current best international standards
Successfully completing this Operational Risk Management program earns as Course Certificate.
This is an extremely practical course, comprising presentations, case studies, discussions and comprehensive group exercises.
In order to help us establish your individual and business concerns, you will be asked to fill pre-course questionnaire.
Due to the nature of the course the number of places is limited and will be filled on first come, first accepted basis. We advise to book in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Training Course Content
Training topics for this course include:
- Risk management drivers
- Identifying operational risks and aligning them with business objectives
- Operational risk management frameworks including COSO ERM, ISO 31000 & OCEG’s GRC Capability Model
- Impact of major regulations on operational risk management including Basel II / III, MiFID and Senior Managers & Certificate Regime (SMCR)
- Risks and control assessments
- Developing and implementing operational risk appetite framework
- Risk treatment (e.g. controls)
- Risk Monitoring - implementing key risk indicators and key control indicators
- Strategies for effective risk reporting
- Case studies and exercise
Early Bird until 31 Aug £1295 + VAT, Regular Price £1495 + VAT. There is no VAT for delegates based outside of the EU.
2 people - 5% discount, 3 people - 10% discount.
If you have a team of 3 or more this course can be customised and organised in-house at your convenience.
Eureka Financial - Expert in Banking and Finance, Regulatory, Risk and Wealth Management Training.
Eureka Financial is a provider of banking, finance, regulatory, risk and wealth management training courses. We also offer some business management and soft skills training programmes. Based in London, UK, we organise public courses in London as well as tailored in-house...
Average rating 5Based on 9 reviews.
Find out more about this Operational Risk Management and Mitigation course - simply fill out your details: