English Law for International Lawyers
I think this course is an excellent starting point for any lawyers working with, but not educated in English law
Nordic Aviation Capital
Very valuable experience, and relevant for non-lawyers too Emirates Bank Group
Many international commercial agreements are subject to English law. Often non-UK lawyers are faced with unfamiliar legal concepts and requirements. To overcome these hurdles and help lawyers become truly international.
Regularly updated, the course aims to provide you with the principal elements of English law and in particular the main provisions of English contract law. It is highly participative with several practical case studies and workshops.
Suitability - Who should attend?
A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn:
- The essential distinctions between common and civil law systems To identify the key elements of a common law judgement
- How a contract is formed and what it contains Remedies for breach of contract
- Applicable law and international financial contracts Documentation techniques for English law contracts Practical examples
- To enable you to understand how English law works in practice, you will take part in practical documentation exercises and will analyse the following specific legal issues and contracts:
- Pre-contractual documents: letters of intent and commitment Negotiation of a contract
- Contents of the contract: express and standard terms Drafting force majeure clauses
- Construction of contract terms
Training Course Content
Attend this in-depth training course and acquire invaluable knowledge of the following key areas:
- The common law: nature and methodology
- Drafting contracts under English law
- Termination of a contract and remedies for breach of contact
- Applicable law in international financial contracts
- Essential distinctions between common and civil law systems
- How a contract is formed and what it contains
- Remedies for breach of contract
- Applicable law and international financial contracts
- Documentation techniques for English law contracts
Why choose Euromoney Learning
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Course fee: £3645 + VAT
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...