English Law for International Lawyers
Attend this revised in-depth training course and acquire invaluable knowledge of the following key areas:
- The common law: nature and methodology
- Negotiation and formation of a contract
- Drafting contracts under English law
- Termination of a contract and remedies for breach of contact
- Applicable law in international financial contracts
Many international commercial agreements are subject to English law. Often non-UK lawyers are faced with unfamiliar legal concepts and requirements. To overcome these hurdles and help lawyers become truly international.
Regularly updated, the course aims to provide you with the principal elements of English law and in particular the main provisions of English contract law. It is highly participative with several practical case studies and workshops.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This English Law for International Lawyers course is especially suitable for professionals in the following positions:
- In-House Counsel/Lawyers
- Legal Officers, Managers and Advisors
- Private practice lawyers (non-UK)
Training Course Content
You will learn:
- The essential distinctions between common and civil law systems
- To identify the key elements of a common law judgement
- How a contract is formed and what it contains
- Remedies for breach of contract
- Applicable law and international financial contracts
- Documentation techniques for English law contracts
- Practical examples
- To enable you to understand how English law works in practice, you will take part in practical documentation exercises and will analyse the following specific legal issues and contracts:
- Pre-contractual documents: letters of intent and commitment
- Negotiation of a contract
- Contents of the contract: express and standard terms
- Drafting force majeure clauses
- Construction of contract terms
The cost of this course may vary by location. See above or request information for prices.
Euromoney Financial also delivers in-house training for finance teams and departments, giving companies the opportunity to save up to 50% on training costs.
We develop bespoke learning experiences with the perfect blend of technologies and techniques to help you succeed. An organisation’s ability to continuously learn and evolve rapidly is the ultimate competitive advantage. To achieve your strategic goals, it is essential to...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this English Law for International Lawyers course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!