2019 Company Board Director Roles and ResponsibilitiesExcellence in Learning
Company Board Director Roles & Responsibilities - 2-day classroom course
This 1-day training course is designed for both experienced and newly appointed Company Directors who want to ensure that they know and understand the collective board responsibilities, as well as the individual responsibilities of directors and are complying with all of the relevant laws and regulations, including the Companies Act 2006, as well as applying the highest standards of Corporate Governance in accordance with the 2016 UK Corporate Governance Code.
This training course is constantly being updated to always contain the latest issues and includes information on matters that have only come into force in 2018 and therefore first apply to financial years starting on or after 1 January 2018. The Chairman of the Board of Directors, along with all other Company Directors, both Executive and Non-Executive Directors, will benefit from this course. The Chairman of the Board of Directors, along with all other Company Directors, both Executive and Non-Executive Directors, will benefit from this training course.
The training course is delivered by some of the best Corporate Governance tutors in the UK. They are heavily involved with Corporate Governance at the highest possible levels and have a wealth of practical experience at their fingertips, as well as outstanding theoretical knowledge. The role and responsibilities of Company Board Directors will be comprehensively covered by this training course.
To ensure that the Company Directors attending this training course will get the maximum possible benefit from their time and that the discussions will be at their most effective; the delegate numbers will be limited to a maximum of 12 directors.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course has been designed for both experienced and newly appointed Company Directors, as well as their specialist advisors and consultants, who want to ensure that they are complying with all of the relevant laws and regulations, as well applying the highest standards of Corporate Governance within their companies.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors, along with all other Company Directors, both Executive and Non-Executive Directors, as well as current and prospective, will benefit from this training course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued to participants who successfully complete this training course, in print for the 2-day training course and by email for the 1-day training course. These certificates will be accepted as evidence for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations, including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD.
Training Course Content
The training course will cover:
- Legal Framework
- Trading Business Structures
- Applicable Laws & Regulatory Framework
- Companies Act 2006 Requirements
- Scope and Relevance
- Seven Statutory Director Duties
- Director Qualifications
- Director Liabilities
- Duty of Independent Judgement
- Non-Executive Directors
- Promote the Success of the Company
- Long Term versus Short to Medium Term
- Director Contracts
- Declarations of Interest
- Director Transactions
- Conflicts of Interest
- Resolution of Conflicts of Interest
- Relief for Breaches of Duties
- Common Mistakes
- Appointment and Removal of Directors
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Shareholder Relationships and Dealings
- Strategic Reporting Requirements
- People with Significant Control Reporting Requirements
- Director Insurances and Indemnities
- UK Corporate Governance Code 2016
- Scope and Relevance
- Comply or Explain
- 5 Main Principles of the Code
- The Role of the Board
- An Effective Board
- Board Evaluation
- Division of Responsibilities
- The Chairman
- The Chief Executive
- Non-Executive Directors
- Board Composition and Appointments
- Nomination Committees
- Director Commitment and Development
- Director Induction and Support
- Board Accountability
- Risk Management and Internal Control Duties
- Director Pay Principles
- Audit and Remuneration Committees
- Shareholder Relations and Meetings
- Insolvency Act 1986and theDirector Disqualification Act
- Director Risks
- Director Actions and Conduct before Insolvency
- Insolvency Process
- Insolvency Results
- "Pre-Packs", Pre-Packaged Administrations
- What you can and cannot do to try to save the company
- Common Mistakes and their consequences
Excellence in Learning - Quality Development for the Learning Community
We provide training courses, internally and on an open scheduled basis. These training courses will give you all of the essential information needed for you and your organisation to be successful. These are delivered in a professional and easily understandable...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this 2019 Company Board Director Roles and Responsibilities course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!