Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Developing High Performance HR Business Partner and Consulting SkillsFalconbury Ltd
Developing High Performance HR Business Partner and Consulting Skills
In the current climate, the role of the HR business partner has become essential in supporting the organisation through complex and changing business landscapes. It is no longer enough to just deliver good transactional services, a much deeper and broader understanding of business is needed. It’s also crucial to have the ability to work alongside all levels of management, with greater self-awareness and the right skill set, to positively influence the organisation at both a strategic and tactical level. This leap demands that you have the right expertise and knowledge to add value to commercial decisions and link HR to the overall business strategy. During this process, HR needs to demonstrate that it can support the business in taking robust decisions and drive change by helping consider the options and optimal solutions.
During this highly experiential two-day programme you will:
- Explore the role of the HR business partner in the context of the organisation and the challenges presented by Brexit
- Practise the application of the principles of good internal consulting skills
- Understand how to support and influence the organisational change agenda
- Identify how the role of business partner adds value to the organisation
- Adopt a useful framework to help support line managers resolve and implement good people decisions
- Identify what needs to be done differently to bring the HR business partner role to life
- Map the profile of the HR business partner and identify your personal development actions
Why You Should Attend
This programme has been specifically designed to improve your skill set and ability to develop the influence HR has on leadership and the broader organisation. It will enable you to implement new initiatives and approaches that leverage people capability and support the business in its overall strategy. These new skills will make you an invaluable asset to the business and allow you to reach your full potential as a high performer.
During the two days you will:
- Learn from case study scenarios that highlight classic organisational challenges
- Practise using new consulting tools and techniques in a low-risk environment
- Develop a strategy and set of actions to enhance your role within the HR function to that of a fully immersed business partner
- Enhance your skills to influence senior colleagues and fellow managers concerning the people challenges around the strategic business agenda
- Increase your understanding of how HR can add value at a commercial level in today’s organisation
- Understand how to drive and support change within your business
- Discuss the challenges faced by HR today, especially in relation to Brexit
Who Should Attend?
HR professionals who want to add value to their HR function and be a high-performing member of their senior management team, including:
- HR business partners
- HR managers
- HR controllers
ProgrammeModule 1 – The HR business partner as a strategic partner
During this module participants will consider their business partner brand and develop the compelling case for their contribution. Understand the difference the HR business partner role makes to commercial success.
- The HR business partner in the context of your organisation – how organisations implement the HRBP role to suit the needs of the business
- Examine the effectiveness of the current HR operating model and the position of the HR business partner and how this can be enhanced
- Consider how the component parts of the HR function interact and how this can be improved
- Evaluate the latest thinking on the evolution of the HR business partner as credible activists and as strategic practitioners who understand business context
- How to deliver business value and navigate the inherent tensions in the business
- The business partner contribution to the implementation of business strategy
- How to map your key clients and delivery channels
- Techniques to establish trust and build positive stakeholder relationships – creating the right climate for HR and its client base
- Develop the partnering mindset – establish the key capabilities to know your business and internal clients and plan your stakeholder engagement map
In this module participants will examine a proven consultancy framework. They will become familiar with the key skills and a variety of tools and techniques to support implementation of the framework. There will be an opportunity to practise using and applying these skills through case studies.
Explore a model for internal consultancy
- Define the stages of client engagement
- Levels of engagement
- Clarify the need and analyse the key issues
- Explore the skills and behaviours needed in successful implementation of the model
Understand the clients’ agendas – a framework to build awareness and develop clarity of where and how the HRBP can add value
Types of relationships
- How to manage client meetings successfully
- Identify where the HR relationship is positioned
- Understand your personal power in cementing trust
- Key behavioural skills needed to build and maintain rapport
Tools to engage others
- Ensure buy-in
- Method to deliver agreed outcomes which are practical, realistic and sustainable
- Re-evaluate and plan for ongoing success
This module has been designed to focus on how the HR business partner drives and supports change within the organisation. Using practical discussion and exercises it will examine the role of HR as the catalyst and facilitator of change to illustrate how you can apply this to any change project within your organisation.
- Build the case for change – the HR business partner as catalyst and facilitator
- Understand models for identifying where change is needed
- Define the HR business partner contribution when considering the impact of major change – a facilitated discussion on the challenges faced by HR today
- Techniques to help managers through the change experience and ensure the organisation is prepared and ready
- Change reaction profiling – personality predictor analysis of participants’ own reaction to change, enabling personal awareness and understanding of the reaction of others
- Strategies to communicate change and manage the transition – consultative approach techniques
- Understand how to remove blockages and move forward
- Tools, techniques and work streams to support positive change outcomes
The final module is dedicated to bringing all the models, tools and techniques together in case study activities to help embed learning. Discussions and facilitated debate will provide participants with the opportunity to practise using the skills they have learnt. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask the trainer questions and receive feedback on the use and application of the tools.
- Meaningful conversations exercise – a framework for guiding discussions which explore issues, provide challenge and develop options in a way that can be embraced by all stakeholders
- Practise how to flex and use the tools and techniques in a variety of scenarios
- Relate theory to practical situations and apply the ideas and knowledge discussed during the programme to issues faced in the workplace
- Assess your own organisation’s readiness for change and devise practical implementation plans
- Understand culture in the context of your organisation and its impact on the change agenda
- Evaluate the HR strategy as a lever for organisational and cultural change
- Personal reflection time and individual action planning
Provider: Falconbury Ltd
Falconbury specialise in business and management training, legal training and executive education for individuals and teams across all types of organisations, large and small, public and private, domestic and international. Falconbury are confident that you will find a training solution...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Falconbury Ltd
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Developing High Performance HR Business Partner and Consulting Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!