The Role of an Effective HR Advisor
Are you working in HR and looking to develop your skills to take your career to the next level? This programme will build on your skill set and experience, and give you the knowledge to fully understand the role and responsibilities of an HR advisor.
Providing an effective human resource service to businesses is the principal goal of all HR teams. The HR department is responsible for making sure the organisation is able to meet business needs through the management of the company’s most valuable resource – its employees. Overseeing the biggest item on the budget comes with responsibility for ensuring the best blend of skills and talents with timely interventions and effective support. The role of the HR advisor is pivotal in making this happen.
This practical two-day programme is a must-attend event for any newly promoted or aspiring HR advisors, as well as those looking for a refresher. The seminar will focus on the key skills needed by the HR advisor, as well as the practical duties required by the role. There will be a range of participative activities focusing on the processes of recruitment, induction of new starters, performance review processes, performance management challenges, reviewing and implementing policies and managing others. Plus there will be time to consider the implications of Brexit on the HR function.Key objectives of this programme
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Develop and action effective HR policies and procedures
- Examine and implement recruitment procedures to create high levels of return on investment
- Establish strong bonds of commitment with new staff to reduce attrition rates
- Identify organisational learning needs and how these impact the bottom line
- Understand the importance of having the right staff, with the right skills, in the right roles
- Guide managers in the practical application of performance reviews and understand the links to overall organisation performance
- Support line managers in the handling of formal disciplinary procedures protecting both them and your organisation from legal challenges
- Enhance your people skills to work with HR administrative staff and processes to achieve a one-stop shop approach to transactional HR
A Recommendation About The Expert Trainer
‘I had the pleasure of working with Jocelyn over several months, supporting the professional development aspect of our HR development programme. Having participated in a number of modules delivered by Jocelyn, it is clear that her facilitation and coaching skills are excellent. Jocelyn has a breadth and depth of experience that clearly shines through in her design and delivery of programme content. The fact that Jocelyn can draw on her past experiences really brings the learning to life, this enhances the experience for her participants. In particular, Jocelyn has a strong commercial and strategic focus that encourages participants to see the difference that HR can make within an organisation. I have personally learnt a lot from Jocelyn, and would have no hesitation in recommending her.’
Lisa Quirke, Senior Learning and Development Consultant, KCOM Group
Who Should Attend?
- HR advisors
- New and existing HR staff
- HR officers and coordinators
- HR assistants and administrators aspiring to the role of an HR advisor
Provider: Falconbury Ltd
Falconbury - Professional Training for the business of learning
Falconbury specialise in business and management training, legal training and executive education for individuals and teams across all types of organisations, large and small, public and private, domestic and international. Falconbury are confident that you will find a training solution...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Falconbury Ltd
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.6Based on 30 reviews
Find out more about this The Role of an Effective HR Advisor course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
By tailoring the Mini MBA course, Falconbury helped Rexam train their Global HR Managers on niche skills...