Non-Destructive Testing Engineer (degree) - Level 6 - Apprenticeship StandardFind Registered Apprenticeship Training Providers - For Employers
Non-Destructive Testing Engineer (degree) - Level 6 - Apprenticeship Standard
Individual employers will set their own selection criteria for the NDT Engineer apprentices. Typically, candidates will either have achieved grades A-C in three A-levels, including maths and a science or engineering subject, or hold a minimum of three NDT Level 2 methods, including at least one complex method, defined as ultrasonic, radiography, eddy current, shearography, vibration analysis, acoustic emission, oil analysis or thermography, or will hold advanced NDT qualifications, such as NDT Level 3 certification. Other relevant qualifications may be considered as an alternative.
On completion of the apprenticeship, the NDT Engineer will hold a degree (BSc Non-Destructive Testing or BEng Non-Destructive Testing) . The degree will be accredited or approved by the professional body (the British Institute of NDT). Apprentices will need to achieve level 2 English and maths prior to taking their end-point assessment.
What apprentices will learn
- Analysing engineering problems, selecting and using mathematical and theoretical data to provide suitable NDT solutions with consideration of the entire inspection cycle
- Observing, recording and drawing conclusions from data and experimental evidence, recognising inherent uncertainties and limitations
- Developing technical reports that meet the requirements of the prevailing verification process
- Applying the standards and procedures for NDT as required by the industry sector
- Developing and managing projects and contribute to financial planning, including some responsibility for the management and development of others.
Find a Registered Training Provider
Request information to connect with registered training providers who can deliver this training.
Please note this training is specifically for employers in England looking to train apprentices, not individuals looking to achieve this qualification.
Provider: Find Registered Apprenticeship Training Providers - For Employers
Apprenticeship Training from Registered Training Providers
If your company is looking for registered training providers to train your apprentices, findcourses is here to help. If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy, or are receiving co-investment government funding to invest in your employee development through apprenticeships, then you...
Request information - obligation free
Please only fill out this form if you are a UK employer looking to find training for your apprentice/s. This training is not for individuals looking to achieve this qualification.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!