Advanced Bank Analysis
The objective of this case study based course is to drill down into the financial statements of global investment and trading banks in order to identify and quantify the risks of more complex business lines.
Upcoming start dates
11 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
28 October, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
Experienced analysts, regulators, risk and fixed income professionals with a good understanding of the analysis of financial institutions.This course is a follow-on from our intermediary level workshops: Intensive Bank Analysis, Emerging Market Bank Analysis and Non-Bank Financial Institutions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Credits: 16 CPD pts.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize how and the extent to which more complex banking businesses are reflected in the balance sheet and how the risk profile is evidenced in the income statement
- Identify and quantify exposures where all or part of the exposure is off-balance sheet, including derivatives and structured finance vehicles
- Understand how the new accounting and reporting conventions under both US GAAP and IFRS impact differently the financial statements of global investment and trading banks
- Use the information provided to evaluate the bank's risk profile and appetite
- Recognize best practice in financial reporting, including new GAAP / IFRS requirements and Basel II Pillar III disclosures
Why choose Fitch Learning
9 in 10 would recommend us to a colleague
Over 1,300 clients worldwide
Completion of this course can lead into: Risk Management in Banks, the Capital and the Regulatory Requirements and Early Warning Signals in Banks courses.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and...