Emerging Market Bank Analysis
The overall goal of this course is to give a structured approach to the credit analysis of banks in emerging markets.
Suitability - Who should attend?
A basic knowledge of Bank Analysis is required for this course. Financial Institution Analysts, Relationship Managers, Investment Fund Managers, Development Bank and Export Credit Agency Staff who do business with, or have credit exposure to Emerging Market and Frontier Market Banks should attend this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Credits: 24 CPD pts
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Participants will be enabled to apply a structured analytic approach incorporating the operating environment (sovereign and systemic risk), financial fundamentals, management and support
- Identify banking systems with high systemic risk and evaluate the potential impact on the banking system
- Evaluate the financial statements to identify strong and weak performers and recognize the key areas of vulnerability in emerging market bank financial statements
- Use both international and local financial, qualitative and market indicators to distinguish early warning signals of credit deterioration
- Recognise the impact of the sovereign economic health, systemic and regulatory change on bank performance and strategy and identify the need for and likelihood of support for different types of creditors in a crisis
Why choose Fitch Learning
9 in 10 would recommend us to a colleague
Over 1,300 clients worldwide
Average rating 5
Lots of discussions and much better understanding on emerging market bank analysis and understanding risk. Carlos Escobar - Norfund
Very good course, excellent instructor. Definitely useful for helping me prepare for analysing Emerging Market Banks. Edward DeGraan - Liberty Mutual
Detailed analysis of ratios, specifics of Emerging Markets/ Banks, importance of support, quality of management, presentation of credit analysis. Marina Radosevic-Hemmer - Cl...
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and...