Risk Management and the Regulatory Requirements in Banks
The goal of this course is to understand how risks are categorized, quantified, monitored and managed within banks, and the related regulatory requirements.
Upcoming start dates
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is suitable for risk managers, regulators, internal auditors, bankers and analysts, but is also appropriate for a broader audience who wish to gain a better understanding of risk management processes within a bank and how they are regulated. It is targeted at an intermediate level and assumes a basic understanding of accounting, financial products and banking functions.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Credits: 16 CPD pts
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the business model of banks in relation to the risks they take
- Identify the key banking risks groups and their relative importance
- Learn about the qualitative and quantitative tools for measuring and managing financial risk in banks
- Understand the regulation aimed at controlling risk in banks and how it has evolved
- Understand the different methodologies used for regulatory capital and liquidity requirements in banks
- Review how banks are managing the additional risks presented by COVID-19
Why choose Fitch Learning
9 in 10 would recommend us to a colleague
Over 1,300 clients worldwide
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and...