Analysing Data with Power BI
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data. At course completion
Suitability - Who should attend?
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
Training Course Content
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
In this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, data analysis, and data visualization. In addition they will learn the rationale for self-service BI, considerations for using self-service BI, and how Microsoft products can be used to implement a self-service BI solution.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- Introduction to data analysis
- Introduction to data visualization
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
- Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
This module introduces Power BI.
- Power BI
- The Power BI service
- Power BI mobile apps
- Lab : Cresting a Power BI dashboard
Module 3: Power BI Data
This module describes Power BI data sources.
- Using Excel as a Power BI data source
- Using databases as a Power BI data source
- The Power BI service
- Lab : Import data into Power BI
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
This module describes how to shape and combine data.
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Lab : Shaping and combining data
Module 5: Modelling Data
This module describes how to model data in Power BI.
- DAX queries
- Calculations and measures
- Lab : Modelling data
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
This module describes Power BI visualizations.
- Creating Power BI reports
- Managing a Power BI solution
- Lab : Creating a Power BI report
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Analyzing Data with Power BI course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!