Basel III Certified Professional
This Basel III course follows closely the principles of sound practices of management and operational risk, as set down by the committee. Attendees will learn practical skills and solutions that will help them support the Basel III requirements, whilst implementing the solutions and skills learned within their organisation.This course is recommended for all professionals who need to understand and speak the specialized language of compliance.IT AuditorsChief Risk and Compliance OfficersIT, Security and Management Consultants.
Training Course Content
Introduction to Basel Norms
- Brief History
- Basel Committee – its main goals
Overview of Basel I
- 1988 Basel Accord – 5 Capital Thresholds
- Strengths of Basel I
- Shortcomings of Basel I
- Basel Capital Accord
- Basel II in a Nutshell
Objectives of Basel II
- Main elements of Basel II
- Basel II and the Financial Crisis
- Pillar 1 – Minimum Capital Requirements
- Key Changes in Pillar 1
- Pillar 2 – Supervisory review process
- Pillar 3 – Disclosures
- The 1988 Accord vs. the New Accord
- Need For The New Basel Norms
- The Basel III Norms
Objectives of The Basel III Norms
Basel III – Timeline What is Basel III?
- 1.1. The Basel III papers
- 1.2. Was Basel II responsible for the market crisis?
- 1.3. Introduction to the Basel III Amendments
- 1.4. The Financial Stability Board (FSB), the G20 and the Basel III framework
The New Basel III Principles for risk management and corporate governance
The key areas where the Basel Committee believes the greatest focus is necessary
- 2.1 Board practices
- 2.2 Senior management
- 2.3 Risk management and internal controls
- 2.4 Compensation
- 2.5 Complex or opaque corporate structures
- 2.6 Disclosure and transparency
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Basel III Certified Professional course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!