BCS Business Analysis Practice
The BCS Business Analysis Practice course is the new name for the popular ISEB Business Analysis Essentials course.
It is a core module for the Business Analysis Diploma. BCS Business Analysis Practice courses are available in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh and other UK cities.
Business analysts and others who need to understand businesses and define how they should change. The analysts may be participating in any change management programme.
The course is not limited to the analysis of IT system requirements. This course provides a well-defined approach for the business analyst to follow, supplemented by proven techniques. This approach helps the analyst to understand the context in which the business operates in order to model and analyse its activities. Exploring the creative possibilities, including the stakeholders’ perspectives, helps to identify a range of solutions to the business’s problems. The business case identifies the most appropriate of those solutions.
Included in this certification is a free 12-month BCS Associate membership. Please click here for terms and conditions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
None - though it is recommended that those with no prior knowledge of Business Analysis choose the Business Analysis Foundation course.
Training Course Content
- A lifecycle for business change
- The role of the Business Analyst within the lifecycle for business change
- Other roles within the lifecycle for business change
- Purpose of analysing and modelling business systems
- The framework business analysis activities
Understanding the strategic context:
- Internal environment analysis
- External environment analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Critical Success Factors, Key Performance Indicators and Performance Targets
- The Balanced Business Scorecard as a framework for identifying CSFs and KPIs
Project discipline for business analysis studies:
- Terms of reference/project initiation
- Business and project objectives
- Deliverables from business analysis studies
Understanding the situation/issues:
- Stakeholder identification
- Overview of investigative techniques
- Representing an holistic view of the business situation
Analysing stakeholder perspectives:
- Stakeholder analysis
- Identifying different perspectives
- Defining perspectives
Analysing and modelling business activities:
- Developing a conceptual business activity model from a perspective
- Identifying business events
- Analysing business rules
- Building consensus by resolving conflicts
Identifying potential solutions:
- Gap analysis - comparing the ideal and existing systems
- Defining a new business model
- Identifying IS/IT requirements to support the new business model
Making the business case:
- Structure of a business case
- Identifying options for business change
- Identifying and categorising costs and benefits
- Identifying and categorising risks, Identifying impacts
- The lifecycle for the business case
- A case study allows the Participants to undertake a simulated business analysis assignment
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this BCS Business Analysis Practice course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!