BCS Business Change Foundation
This three-day course is designed to help those involved in business change initiatives, such as revised business processes and/or IT systems.
Participants will gain a detailed introduction to the business change lifecycle, and topics including:
- Business improvement and business change design
- Business change implementation
- Benefits management
- Business/IT alignment
The course provides an overview of the concepts and techniques that will support successful change projects. The certificate counts towards the Business Analysis Diploma.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This certificate is suitable either for those wishing to pursue individual topic areas in more detail, or those from other disciplines, including business domains, who require an understanding of the subject.
Training Course Content
The following modules are covered in this course:
Business and IT Alignment
- The external and internal business environments for organisations
- Organisational cultures
- National cultures
- The implications of culture for business change projects
- Corporate and IT governance and the relevance to benefits management and risk management
- Elements of an Enterprise Architecture
Business Improvement Definition
- Investigating the business situation: rationale and techniques
- Holistic approach and systems thinking
- Gap analysis: purpose and approach
- Business requirements elicitation and approach
- The contents of the business case
- Stakeholder responsibilities and the business case
- The business case lifecycle
- Programme definition
Business Change Design
- Aspects of organisational change
- Aspects of people change
- Aspects of process change
- Information analysis and modelling
- Aspects of information technology
Business Change Implementation
- Planning the acquisition, deployment and acceptance
- Acquiring the solution
- Deploying the solution
- Ensuring acceptance
- Reviewing the change
Benefits Management and Realisation
- Benefits Measurement in the business change lifecycle
- Classifying benefits
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Benefits and the Balanced Business Scorecard, CSFs and KPIs
- Roles and responsibilities in benefits management
- The purpose, conduct and outcomes of a benefit review
- Benefits realisation: purpose and challenges.
Exams & Certification
This course prepares participants for the BCS Foundation in Business Change examination, which is held on the final day of the course.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this BCS Business Change Foundation course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!