BCS Consultancy Practice
This unique 5 day course is for IT professionals working in, or moving into, consultancy roles. The course is equally relevant to "internal" consultants as it is to "external" consultants, outsource specialists and interims. As well as providing a thorough understanding of the practical skills required, the course is also designed to prepare for those seeking the following BCS certifications: BCS Practitioner Certificate in ConsultancyBCS International Diploma in Consultancy.
Key areas covered include:
The structure of the IS/IT industry and the role of IS consulting Management of the customer relationship Assignment structure, management and control Management of people and relationships Conducting a consulting assignment managing the quality of consulting assignment The course takes place over 5 days.
Refreshments and lunch are provided free of charge to participants. A very comprehensive manual, containing detailed information about consultancy techniques and providing references for further reading, is supplied as part of the course. How to Become an Effective Consultant.
Included in this certification is a free 12-month BCS Associate membership. Please click here for terms and conditions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Participants should have a minimum of 4 years' experience in Information System and Information Technology at a professional level. Consultancy experience is not essential.
Training Course Content
Structure of the IT/IS industry and the roles of IS consulting
- Types of organisations involved, how they have evolved and where they operate
- The role of the internal consultant
Introduction, scoping and planning
- Gaining entry
- Stating a consultancy assignment
- Strategic analysis tools
- Meeting the client and qualifying opportunities
Business environment analysis
- Identifying problems and clarifying requirements
- Managing the customer's needs
- Business activity modelling and process modelling
- Stakeholder analysis
- The soft systems methodology in consulting
- Solution identification
- 'As is'-'To be' gap analysis
- Diagnosis and generation of options
- Creative thinking
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
Proposals and contracts
- Bid management
- Invitations to tender, requests for information and requests for proposals
- Best and final offers
- Proposal evaluation
- Contracts and agreements
- Work packages
- Intellectual property rights
- Financial planning
- Evaluation and measurement of solutions
Programme and project management
- The Project Initiation Document
- Programme/project governance and PRINCE2
- Quality management
- Change control
- Working in consultancy teams
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Written communication and report writing
- Effective presentations
Disengagement and expansion
- Termination and withdrawal from an assignment
- Benefits confirmation
- Evaluation and follow-up
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this BCS Consultancy Practice course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!