BCS Stakeholder Engagement
The ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders has become an increasingly important competence in many roles - in particular, project management, business analysis and IS consultancy. This course covers the essential frameworks and principles associated with effective stakeholder engagement.Included in this certification is a free 12-month BCS Associate membership. Please click here for terms and conditions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Stakeholder Engagement provides the tools and techniques to ensure total business acceptance. This certification assesses knowledge and understanding of key frameworks and techniques used when working with stakeholders. The particular focus of this certification is on the application of these frameworks and techniques by business analysts, when working with stakeholders on business change projects.
Training Course Content
- Analysing stakeholders
- Stakeholder planning
- Stakeholder perspectives
- The communication process
- Barriers to communication
- Active listening
Working with stakeholder groups
- Group development process
- Learning styles
Facilitated workshops - introduction
- The benefits of facilitated workshops
- Main workshop roles – facilitator, scribe, participants, sponsor
- Stages of a workshop
- Workshop preparation
- Conduct of the workshop
- Facilitation techniques
- Adaptability in the workshop
- Rapport defined
- Making an impact
- Building rapport
- Body language
Creative problem solving
- A model for creative problem solving
- Techniques for generating ideas
- Rich pictures
- Fishbone diagrams
- Stimulating creative thinking
- Edward de Bono’s ‘Six Thinking Hats’
- Sources of expectations
- Controllable expectation creators
- Uncontrollable expectation creators
- Process for managing expectations
- Negotiating positions
- Principled negotiation approach
- The people problem
- Principled negotiation stages – interests, options, criteria
- Blocks to creative options in negotiation
- Integrative and distributive negotiation
- The difference between negotiation and conflict situations
- Root causes of conflict – goals, judgements, values
- Options for conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution process
- Handling conflict
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this BCS Stakeholder Engagement course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!