BDD using SpecFlow & WebDriver C# in Visual Studio
This comprehensive course covers all the essential principles to get you up and running in Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) using Microsoft Visual Studio, SpecFlow and WebDriver.Designed for beginners of BDD and SpecFlow, it takes the new-comer through all the basic techniques of writing Feature Files in Gherkin, to writing the associated Step Definitions and code in SpecFlow & WebDriver C#, to executing from the command line. Throughout the course practical examples are demonstrated, and the Participants get to practice what they have learned in each chapter against a Web training application.Technologies used in this courseVisual Studio 2015, SpecFlow, Nunit, WebDriver C#
The introductory course that takes you from beginner through to writing effective Feature Files and then Automating them using WebDriverRecommended for anyone new to BDD and SpecFlow
Suitability - Who should attend?
A basic understanding of writing Selenium WebDriver Scripts (we use C# bindings)Some programming experience would be advantageous - The course is based on using WebDriver with C# & Nunit.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to BDDA background to BDD and its benefits.
- The process of BDD.
- An overview of the tools available, terminology.
- Introduction to GherkinFeature Files, introduction to the Gherkin language, basic syntax
- More Gherkin
- Using the Background fixture, Parameters, Doc Strings, Examples and Data Tables, using Tags to organise execution, commenting
- Installation of the SpecFlow Framework
- SpecFlow Visual Studio plugin, installing the Spec
- Flow Libraries, WebDriver and other dependent libraries.
- Creating a project structure, creating a Feature File, formatting and execution of Feature Files
- Step Definitions & Code Binding
- Creating our Test Classes, Using prototype step definitions, fixing errors for executing feature files, creating step definition Methods, expanding Methods with Parameters Deconstructing Step Definitions and Regular Expressions
- Step Definition syntax, using Regular Expressions Extending the code
- In-line Step Table Iterating, using multiple annotations for one Method, re-using
- Methods for more than one Scenario Executing the SpecFlow Features
- Using SpecFlow, Using Tags, Results & Reporting, Command line execution, SpecFlow Fixtures for Execution Flow.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this BDD using SpecFlow & WebDriver C# in Visual Studio course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!