Better Business Cases - APMG Foundation & Practitioner Course
Better Business Cases is a 4-day, APMG-accredited, course which provides best practice guidance on this critical aspect of project management. The Better Business Cases combined Foundation and Practitioner course is suitable for all individuals that need to prepare business cases, in the public and private sector.
The Foundation element covers the basic principles and terminology; the Practitioner element helps you apply the methods to real life scenarios. The Better Business Cases approach is aligned with the Five Case Model and Green Book Guidance developed by the UK Treasury.
The course combines trainer-led input and practical sessions. The course is delivered by an experienced tutor with first-hand knowledge of Better Business Cases. Participants will acquire all the necessary knowledge to undertake the APMG Better Business Cases Foundation exam on the second day and the Practitioner examination at the end of the last day. Who should attend Better Business Cases? The qualification is aimed at anyone involved with a project so they can understand the work required to produce a Business Case.
The ideal candidates for the course will be:
Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers Directors of Finance and Procurement and Planning Members of the Management Board with strategic responsibility for approving proposals
Suitability - Who should attend?
None – but the course is only likely to be relevant to project managers, programme managers and those with executive responsibility for projects.
Training Course Content
The importance of the business case
Types of business cases
The Five Case model
The Strategic Case
- Strategic fit and robust case for change. Is it applicable and meets strategic and operational needs.
The Economic Case
- Choice and preferred option. Is it appropriate and offers optimal public value.
The Commercial Case
- Procurement and potential deal. Is it attractive to public and private sectors.
The Financial Case
- Affordability and funding. Is it affordable within agreed funding.
The Management Case
- Delivery and robust approach. Is it achievable and can be successfully delivered.
Fit with best practice assurance and approvals The course will look at:
- Strategic Outline Programme (SOP) for policy, regulation and grants programmes
- The Business Case Development from the Strategic Outline Case (SOC) to the Outline Business Case (OBC) to the Full Business Case (FBC) for major projects
- Business Justification Case (BJC) for minor spending proposals
- The 10 step delivery process
- The key roles in the business case development.
The course will have time for discussions and group exercises giving you the chance to discuss your own projects and how what the course covers can fit in your own organisation.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Better Business Cases - APMG Foundation & Practitioner Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!