Business Analysis in an Agile Environment
This course has a good balance of theoretical and practical, case study based exercises designed to get you comfortable with the radically different approach. All aspects of Scrum are covered and you will get the chance to discuss the issues with an experienced tutor and with the other Participants.
As a traditional Business Analyst you are now required to change your world-view because you are moving into an Agile, Scrum environment.
You are worried because:
There seems to be no BA role in Scrum There is no 'Business Requirements Document 'There is no traditional functional spec or use cases It all sounds a bit chaotic
This course is aimed at you. It will give you a thorough grounding in the Roles, Activities and Work Products of Scrum while demonstrating that the traditional BA skills of effective communication, analytical thinking, good documentation and sheer common sense are vital to the Scrum effort.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Ideally, you should have some Business Analysis experience
Training Course Content
- Traditional vs Agile Development
- Project Frameworks
- Waterfall Lifecycle
- The Unified Process
- Overview of Scrum
- Scrum from 10,000 feet
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Work Products
- Scrum Activities
- Summary of Roles, Activities and Work Products
- The Artefacts
- The roles a Business Analyst can perform in Scrum
- Creating the Product Backlog
- The Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Use Cases and User Stories
- User Story Environments
- Trawling for User Stories
- Business Analysis and Product Backlog creation
- Estimating and Prioritising The Product Backlog
- Determining the Sprint Length
- Preparing the Stories for Estimation
- Estimating Stories
- Story Points
- Task Hours
- Delphi Workshops
- Prioritising User Stories
- Business Analysis in Prioritisation and Estimation
- Sprint Planning, Execution and Review
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Execution and the Daily Scrum
- Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Business Analysis in Sprint Execution and Review
- Review of the Business Analysis Contribution to Sprint
- A Dramatic Change of Environment
- The BA Contribution
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Business Analysis in an Agile Environment course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!