CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Aimed at security professionals, this course surveys the entire information security landscape and the technologies involved. The course addresses the eight knowledge domains that comprise the common body of knowledge (CBK) for information systems security professionals and will help Participants prepare for CISSP certification. The course offers a theory based approach to the security process, with opportunities to discuss the immediate application of concepts and techniques described in the CBK to the real world.
It can be considered as providing a good introduction to security management, architecture and engineering. The course comprises of eight sessions that map directly to the (CBK), each one is theory based with instructor led discussions; there are no hands on labs.
Examinations: Please note that the exams are not included in this course and Participants must book this directly with the ISC: https://www.isc2.org/certification-register-now.aspxFor more information on the changes that will be made to the CISSP exam on April 15, 2018, please refer to the FAQs and Exam Outline.Q.
If I have been studying for the CISSP exam with material that focuses on the current domains, will I be sufficiently prepared to take the new exam without additional study? A. (ISC)² exams are experience-based that include experience-based questions that cannot be learned by studying alone. If you already have the experience in the domains covered in CISSP and believe that you have sufficiently studied those domains, you should feel confident that you are qualified to take the new exam and pass it. (ISC)² cannot guarantee you will pass the exam.
IISP Skills Alignment This course is aligned to the following Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) Skills. More details on the IISP skills framework can be found here. A1, A2, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, C1, C2 D2, E1, E2, E3, F1, F2, H1, H2Continuous Professional Development (CPD)CPD points can be claimed for GCT accredited courses at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for GCHQ accredited courses (up to a maximum of 15 points).
Suitability - Who should attend?
Participants should have experience in at least two of the domains in the (CBK), for 5 years or more (4 years if they have achieved relevant industry or degree level certifications) to achieve full certification. Associate status can be achieved without the full 4/5 years experience; full certification will be assigned when the correct amount of experience is obtained.
- We recommend participants have some knowledge of all CBK domains and are encouraged to read one or two of the books on the Reading List at ISC2.org.
- Some Training Partners will provide pre-reading. Please check course content carefully for the date and location you wish to attend for specific details.
Training Course Content
Module 1. Security and Risk Management
- Understand and apply concepts of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Apply security governance principles
- Understand legal and regulatory issues that pertain to information security in a global context
- Understand professional ethics
- Develop and implement documented security policy, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Understand business continuity requirements
- Contribute to personnel security policies
- Understand and apply risk management concepts
- Understand and apply threat modelling
- Integrate security risk considerations into acquisition strategy and practice
- Establish and manage information security education, training, and awareness
Module 2. Asset Security
- Classify information and supporting assets
- Determine and maintain ownership Protect privacy
- Ensure appropriate retention
- Determine data security controls
- Establish handling requirements
Module 3. Security Engineering
- Implement and manage engineering processes using secure design principles
- Understand the fundamental concepts of security models
- Select controls and countermeasures based upon systems security evaluation models
- Understand security capabilities of information systems
- Assess and mitigate the vulnerabilities of security architectures, designs, and solution elements
- Assess and mitigate the vulnerabilities in web-based systems
- Assess and mitigate vulnerabilities in mobile systems
- Assess and mitigate vulnerabilities in embedded devices and cyber-physical systems
- Apply cryptography
- Apply secure principles to site and facility design
- Design and implement physical security
Module 4. Communication & Network Security
- Apply secure design principles to network architecture
- Secure network components
- Design and establish secure communication channels
- Prevent or mitigate network attacks
Module 5. Identity & Access Management
- Control physical and logical access to assets
- Manage identification and authentication of people and devices
- Integrate identity as a service
- Integrate third-party identity services
- Implement and manage authorization mechanisms
- Prevent or mitigate access control attacks
- Manage the identity and access provisioning lifecycle
Module 6. Security Assessment & Testing
- Design and validate assessment and test strategies
- Conduct security control testing
- Collect security process data
- Analyse and report test outputs
- Understand the vulnerabilities of security architectures
Module 7. Security Operations
- Understand and support investigations
- Understand requirements for investigation types
- Conduct logging and monitoring activities
- Secure the provisioning of resources
- Understand and apply foundational security operations concepts
- Employ resource protection techniques
- Conduct incident management
- Operate and maintain preventative measures
Module 8. Software Security Development
- Understand and apply security in the software development lifecycle
- Enforce security controls in development environments
- Assess the effectiveness of software security
- Assess security impact of acquired software
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!