Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
This three-day course was developed in order to teach participants how to plan and deploy a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager hierarchy. The hierarchy covered by this course includes a central administration site (CAS), one or more primary sites and secondary sites, and all of the associated site systems. Students will also learn about migration from System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure and describe typical deployment scenarios.
- Plan and deploy a single primary site.
- Plan and configure administrative roles.
- Plan and deploy a multiple-site hierarchy including primary sites, CAS and secondary sites.
- Describe replication and data types, and monitor the replication of data throughout the hierarchy.
- Use various methods to plan and deploy Configuration Manager 2012 clients.
- Perform maintenance tasks and monitor site systems.
- Perform migration of objects from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Applicants to this course should have:
System administrator-level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management.
- Windows Server management including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Windows Client fundamentals.
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- SQL Server 2008 including reporting services.
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts.
Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
- Working with the Administrator console
- Installing clients
- Hardware and software inventory
- Working with collections
- Deploying applications
- Managing software updates
- Deploying operating systems
- Settings management
Students can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills, or by attending the following courses:
- Course 6419B: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008-based Servers
- Course 6420B: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008
- Course 10747A: System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, Part 1: Administration
- Course 6451B: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, plus six months of hands-on experience with Configuration Manager 2012
The cost of this course is £995
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!