HR Professional Development Training Programme
This innovative training programme provides a unique opportunity for HR professionals and managers to increase the depth of their expertise in all key areas of HR and to share knowledge and network with other Participants. Each session is coordinated and managed by a highly experienced HR adviser with current best practice knowledge gained from delivering practical HR consultancy to a range of clients. The adviser will act as a mentor to Participants over a 6 month period and monitor progress. It is delivered through small discussion groups and workshops, ensuring closer tuition to promote personalised, applied learning.
Training Course Content
This course is delivered over 6 full day sessions over a 6 month period as outlined below:
- Programme induction – the role of the HR practitioner, focus on self-development
- Recruitment and selection – best practice in recruitment and selection, legal requirements and selection techniques and tools
- Contracts of employment – forming and writing contracts of employment. including varying contracts, scope and required documentation, regulations around part-time workers, agency workers and fixed term workers
- HR policies and best practice – examining HR policies and best practice, including considering and challenging current/relevant policy and practice, HR documentation and systems and data protection
- Family friendly policies – maternity leave, shared parental leave, parental leave, flexible working and time off for dependents
- Discipline and grievance handling – understanding best practice including investigation techniques, communication and employee involvement
- Discrimination issues, practices and current legislative requirements – understanding the Equality Act, including the protected characteristics and the different types of discrimination, such as identifying and managing complaints of discrimination
- Managing absence effectively – handling short and long-term absence and understanding absence trends
- Training and personal development activities and strategies – the role of HR in employee training and development
- Employee relations – understanding employee relations, including mechanisms, negotiation, consultation and trade union rights, redundancy and collective consultation
- Termination of employment and the role of the employment tribunal – protected conversations, the role of the employment tribunal
- Course conclusion – key legislative changes, reflection on development, CPD review and certificate presentation.
Focus on Training: Best Practice Skills from the Specialists
Focus on Training is a professional training company specialising in offering accredited Project Management and IT programmes. With over 10,000 courses offered in over 100 locations throughout the United Kingdom, Focus is a premier training provider. All programmes can be booked online...
Find out more about this HR professional development training programme course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!