Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The HR Business Partner: 1-Day Course From JSB Group
Attend this one-day seminar and benefit from the latest knowledge and techniques to operate as an effective business partner and measure experiences against those of other organisations. The CIPD has noted that the Business Partner model is the most commonly utilised HR service delivery model, with nearly 50% of organisations employing business partners in their ranks.
However, operating as a business partner demands a starkly different body of skills compared to more transactional forms of HR service delivery. It necessitates a far deeper and broader understanding of your organisation, the ability to work alongside all levels of management, greater self-awareness and impact, expertise in creating and leading change and the maintenance of a business focus. Not an easy set of skills to develop!
This one-day course is one of JSB's most popular HR events, and will help you build this skill set and allow you to benchmark your current experience against best industry practice and what other organisations are doing.
On completion of this course participants will:
- Understand what is meant by 'HR business partnering' and its impact on your day-to-day work
- Gain a better understanding of the requirements of an HR Business Partner - and how to ensure smooth implementation
- Adapt key competencies for a successful transition from operational to strategic HR
- Develop a new set of competencies: including business acumen, change management and relationship building
- Learn how other organisations have successfully implemented partnering: HR interventions that make a difference
- Overcoming resistance and relaying a positive message
Suitability - Who should attend?
The HR Business Partner course is designed for HR directors and managers, HR officers and advisors, HR business partners, compensation and benefits experts, resourcing specialists.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Gain access to the knowledge and skills to operate as an effective business partner and benchmark your experiences against those of other organisations
The HR Business Partner course content
Operating as an HR business partner: classifying the characteristics
- Exploring what HR partnering is: its various forms and how to use it
- How partnering differs from traditional HR
- What does it take to become an effective business partner: key skills, knowledge, attributes and values
- Recognising the benefits of partnering for yourself and your organisation
Getting HR into the heart of the business: knowing the business inside-out
- Equipping yourself with an in-depth knowledge of your business
- Interacting with the business to identify needs: understanding your immediate business team and their drivers
- Delivering to the business: understanding the bigger organisational context and the future vision and strategy of the company
Approaches to help you assess your priorities as a business partner
- Analysing where you are now, where you need to be and how to get there
- Your structure and staffing issues
- Lessons learned from organisations that have successfully implemented partnering
Making a connection between activity and achievements: measuring your contribution to the business
- Offering innovations and ideas for change: adding value to the business
- Measuring the impact of HR initiatives against business results
- Knowing what innovative HR practices other firms are using: adapting those to your organisation
Using key techniques for building relationships as an HR business partner
- Working alongside managers in the business: forming excellent relationships with managers in the business
- Building strong networks, both within and outside business
- Using relationships as your communication channels within the business: keeping you informed and ahead of events
Building credibility: influencing decisions as an HR business partner
- Increasing your credibility within the business and enhancing your career opportunities
- Influencing decisions as an HR business partner
The cost of The HR Business Partner course is £550 + VAT per delegate.
As your leaders and HR colleagues endeavour to engage your employees, successfully navigate change and help your business meet its strategic objectives, FTI Consulting can support you with the following: Leadership enablement Employee engagement and mobilisation Change management and communication...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!